Feelings|| 14

Beast Boy POV

I am quickly awakened by faint knocking at my door. Groggily, I slowly get up, my bones cracking as I stand. The dim morning light seeps through the curtains, casting a soft glow in the room. I see a note being slipped under my door. I shuffle my feet towards it, bending down to pick it up. It's from Raven.

It reads: "Hey BB, I hope you slept well. I just wanted to let you know I have breakfast for you. I didn't want to alert the others that you're back yet so you can have time to wake up before getting bombarded with questions."

A smile tugs at my lips as I read the note. Raven rarely shows this kind of thoughtfulness openly. I set the note aside and quickly open the door. As I reach for the handle, thoughts of Raven flood my mind—her serious demeanor, her rare but genuine smiles.

Opening the door fully, I see Raven standing there. She isn't wearing her cloak, giving me a full view of her. Her skin is like porcelain, smooth and soft. Her dark hair cascades over her shoulders, framing her face. My gaze lingers on her legs for a moment—strong, yet graceful. I quickly shift my eyes back to hers, hoping she didn't notice my staring. Her violet eyes lock onto mine, and I feel my breath catch.

"Beast Boy... Beast Boy? Are you okay?" Raven's voice is soft but laced with concern. Her eyes search mine, and I can't help but get lost in their depths.

"U-um... Yeah, I'm fine, I guess. I was just, uh, lost in your beauty." The words spill out before I can stop them. I'm tired, and my brain isn't fully awake yet.

Raven's cheeks flush a deep red, and she looks away for a moment, clearly flustered. Realizing what I just said, I quickly add, "Um, please, come in."

Raven, still looking a bit confused, steps inside. I grab the door handle and close the door behind her. I turn to face her, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Listen, Raven. I know this might sound crazy, but I need to tell you something." I pause, trying to find the right words. "When I left, I did a lot of thinking. About us. About you. You're... you're everything to me, Rae. Your strength, your intelligence, the way you care for everyone in your own way—it's amazing."

Raven's eyes widen slightly, and she looks at me with a mix of surprise and curiosity. I take a deep breath and continue.

"I've been writing poems about you. Crazy, right? Me, writing poems. But I couldn't help it. You're always on my mind. Your eyes, they're like galaxies—endless and beautiful. I could stare into them forever. And your voice, even when you're scolding me, it's music to my ears."

Raven's blush deepens, and she looks down, her hair falling to hide her face. I gently lift her chin, making her meet my gaze again.

"Raven, I love you. I think I've loved you for a long time, but I was too scared to admit it, even to myself. You're the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen, but it's more than that. You're kind, even when you try not to be. You understand me in ways no one else does. When I'm around you, I feel like I can be myself—like I can be better."

Raven's eyes glisten with unshed tears, and she opens her mouth to speak but hesitates. I can see the conflict in her eyes, the way she's processing everything I've said.

"I missed you so much," I whisper, my voice trembling slightly. "Being away made me realize just how much you mean to me. I don't want to hide it anymore. I love you, Raven. Truly."

For a moment, the world seems to stand still. Raven's face is a storm of emotions—shock, confusion, and something else I can't quite place. Her blush spreads across her cheeks, and she bites her lip, deep in thought. My eyes, yearning and hopeful, never leave hers, silently pleading for a response.

Raven finally takes a deep breath and looks at me, her voice barely above a whisper. "Beast Boy... I... I don't know what to say."

I step closer, my hand reaching out to gently cup her cheek. "Just tell me what you feel, Rae. Whatever it is, it's okay."

Her eyes close for a moment, and when they open again, there's a new resolve in them. "I've never been good with feelings," she admits softly. "But, Beast Boy... your words, they mean more to me than I can express. I missed you too. More than I ever thought I would."

A smile breaks across my face, and I pull her into a tight embrace. Her body relaxes against mine, and for the first time in a long time, everything feels right. We stand there, wrapped in each other's arms, the morning light filtering in and casting a warm glow around us. This is the beginning to something beautiful.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Thanks for 300 reads oh my gosh I never thought my little fan fic would grow to 300, sorry for not dropping a chapter recently I've been busy with life things, but I hope you guys enjoy the short chapter! I love you all.