Joyful||34

Raven POV

1 YEAR TIME SKIP

(Warning Sex ahead)

A year has passed since the incident with Slade, and the darkness that once consumed me has finally loosened its grip. The shadows that lingered at the edges of my mind have faded, replaced by the warmth and light of my friends' unwavering support. I feel like myself again, whole and strong. Beast Boy, my constant pillar, has been at the heart of my recovery. His patience and love have guided me through the darkest moments, and now, I want to show him just how much he means to me.

Tonight, I plan to surprise him with a special date, just the two of us. A movie night in my room, the thought makes my heart race with both excitement and a tinge of nervousness. It's a big step, one that signifies how far I've come.

I start the preparations in the afternoon. My room needs to be perfect. I begin by tidying up, putting away the books and trinkets scattered around. I dust the shelves, making sure every surface is clean and polished. The smell of lavender cleaner fills the air, calming my nerves. I change the sheets on my bed, opting for soft, plush ones in deep purple, a color that's always brought me comfort. I arrange the pillows neatly, making sure everything looks inviting.

Next, I turn my attention to the ambiance. I want the room to feel cozy and warm. I string fairy lights along the walls, their soft glow casting a gentle light that bathes the room in a golden hue. I light a few candles, their flickering flames adding to the serene atmosphere. The room feels different, almost magical, as if it's ready to hold the memories of a special night.

Satisfied with the setting, I move on to myself. I want to look nice, but still comfortable. I choose a simple outfit—a dark blue t-shirt and some black jeans. It's casual enough for a movie night but special enough to mark the occasion. I brush my hair, letting it fall naturally around my shoulders. A touch of makeup enhances my features, but I keep it subtle. Tonight is about being myself, without any masks.

As the evening approaches, I prepare a few snacks. I make a batch of popcorn, its buttery aroma filling kitchen. I arrange an assortment of his favorite treats—chocolates, gummy bears, and a few healthy options, too. I pour two glasses of sparkling apple cider, setting them on the bedside table.

With everything in place, I take a moment to breathe. The room looks beautiful, the snacks are ready, and I feel a sense of calm wash over me. This night is going to be perfect. I send Beast Boy a message, inviting him to my room for a surprise.

A few minutes later, there's a soft knock on my door. My heart flutters as I open it to find him standing there, his eyes wide with curiosity. "Hey, Rae," he says, his usual playful smile gracing his lips. "What's all this about?"

"Come in," I say, stepping aside to let him enter. He walks in, taking in the room with an appreciative glance. The soft lights, the candles, the neatly made bed—it's all designed to make him feel as special as he is to me.

"This is amazing," he says, turning to me with genuine wonder in his eyes. "What's the occasion?"

I smile, feeling a warmth spread through me. "I wanted to do something special for you. For us. You've been so patient, so supportive. I thought we could have a movie night. But this time, I want us to cuddle. On the bed."

His eyes soften, a look of pure adoration on his face. "Raven, you didn't have to do all this. But I'm so glad you did. It's perfect. You're perfect."

We settle on the bed, the soft sheets and pillows creating a comfortable cocoon. I press play on the remote, starting the movie we've both been wanting to watch. As the opening credits roll, I snuggle into his side, feeling the warmth of his body against mine. His arm wraps around me, holding me close, and for the first time in a long time, I feel completely at ease.