25. Miracle ✨

As the evening settled into a quiet calm, Taehan and Jungshi were suddenly startled by the urgent call from Jk.

Rushing to their parents' bedroom, they found a scene that struck fear into their hearts: Tae, lying on the bed, her face contorted in pain, and blood staining the sheets around her.

Taehan- A..Appa, what's happening?

Taehan's voice cracked with worry, his eyes darting between his Appa and Amma.

Jk's normally composed demeanor was visibly shaken as he knelt by Tae's side, holding her hand tightly.

Jk- She's bleeding heavily. We need to get her to the hospital. (he managed to say, his voice hoarse with emotion)

Jungshi, standing near the door, felt her legs weaken with anxiety. Tears welled up in her eyes as she realized the severity of the situation.

Jungshi- A.. Amma. We're going to get you help. (she whispered, her voice trembling)

In the chaos that ensued, Jk swiftly gathered Tae into his arms and carried her to the car, his movements a mix of urgency and tenderness.

Taehan sat in the backseat beside Tae, trying to offer words of comfort despite his own mounting fear.

Jungshi rode shotgun, her hand on Tae's shoulder, silently praying for her safety.

The drive to the hospital was filled with a heavy silence, interrupted only by Tae's labored breaths and occasional groans of pain.

Jk's knuckles whitened as he gripped the steering wheel, his mind racing with a torrent of emotions.

In the waiting room of the hospital, Taehan and Jungshi clung to each other, their eyes reflecting the shared anguish of the unknown.

They tried to console each other, but the weight of uncertainty hung thick in the air.

Hours passed like an eternity as they awaited news from the medical team.

Every passing moment felt like a test of endurance, their thoughts and prayers unified in a desperate plea for both Tae and the baby to be safe and healthy.

When the doctor finally emerged, the family held their breath.

Jk stood in the hallway, his hands shaking as he listened to the doctor’s grim explanation.

Dr- We’re facing a critical situation. Due to the complications, we may have to choose between saving Mrs Jeon or the baby. I’m so sorry, but we need your decision immediately the doctor said, his voice calm but serious.

Jk’s heart pounded in his chest, and he felt a wave of nausea wash over him.

Choosing between his beloved wife and their unborn child was a decision he never thought he would have to make.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he looked through the window into Tae’s room.

She was pale and exhausted, yet she managed a weak, determined smile when she saw him.

Dr- Please tell us your decision quickly Mr Jeon and sign this consent form.

Saying this the doctor left after handing the form to Jk.

Jk's heart clenched with an anguish he had never known before. Tears streamed down his face unchecked, his usually steady voice breaking.

The doctor's words echoed in his mind, each syllable a painful reminder of the life-and-death decision ahead: save Tae or the baby.

How could he choose between the woman he had vowed to love and protect, and the child they had dreamed of welcoming into their lives?

Taehan and Jungshi were equally devastated at the sudden news.