24. Celebration of togetherness 💖

Jk could feel his own breath coming in ragged gasps, his hands shaking. He knelt beside her, brushing her hair away from her face.

Jk- Taehyungshi, please, wake up. Please, you have to be okay. (he whispered, tears streaming down his face)

Jk was himself scared by looking at Tae's condition, but he forced himself to focus. He picked her cautiously and walked out of the house.

He placed her on the passenger seat and fastened the seat belt.

He took her hand, squeezing it tightly, willing her to feel his presence.

Jk- I'm here, love. I'm right here. Please, hang on.

The ride to the hospital was a blur of flashing lights and urgent voices. Jk could barely think, his mind consumed with fear for his wife and their unborn child.

He kept talking to Tae, hoping against hope that she could hear him.

When they arrived at the hospital, Tae was rushed into the emergency room. Jk was left standing in the hallway, feeling more helpless than he ever had in his life. He paced back and forth, his mind racing with worst-case scenarios.

After what felt like an eternity, a doctor came out to speak with him.

Dr- Mr. Jeon, your wife is stable for now. The stress and emotional distress caused her to faint. We're monitoring her and the baby closely.

Jk let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding.

Jk- Thank you, doctor. Can I see her?

The doctor nodded.

Jk- She's resting now. You can sit with her.

Jk was led to Tae's room, where she lay in the hospital bed, looking pale but peaceful. He sat beside her, taking her hand in his. He kissed her knuckles gently, his tears falling onto her skin.

Jk- Taehyungshi, I'm so sorry. I should have been there to protect you.

He stayed by her side, not letting go of her hand.

As the hours passed, he whispered to her, telling her about all the things they would do together, how much he loved her, and how they would get through this together.

When Tae finally stirred, her eyes fluttering open, Jk was right there, his face filled with relief and love.

Jk- You're awake. (he said softly, his voice breaking)

Tae looked at him, her eyes filling with tears.

Tae- Jungkook, I...

Jk- Shh, don't talk. We're going to be okay. All of us. Just rest (he said gently)

Tae squeezed his hand weakly. Jk pecked her forehead and smiled softly. He wouldn't let anything come between them, and he would do everything in his power to keep his family safe.

~~~

Tae was discharged from the hospital the next day. Jk informed Taehan and Jungshi about Tae's health. Both, with the very next flight to India, came back home.

Taehan cried in his mother's embrace, apologizing for not being there for her while Tae kept consoling him. Jungshi reassured Tae, not to take stress, as everything will be alright.

Taehan even set out to confront Mrs Park for troubling his mother but was stopped by Jk. He asked him not to get into fight with her and let go of the matter. He believed God will punish her for whatever words she used for the unborn soul.