Chapter 32: End of Beginning

note: apologies, people. i know it took so long. turns out the corporate world sucks because it made me so busy that i didn't notice it's already been more than a month.

i had to read this fic from the beginning as well just so i'll remember whatever stuff i wrote, lol. and jesus christ, i cringe. some of u guys seems to enjoy this fic and goddamn, u have my respect.

now for some reason, there are more readers discovering this fic even though i hadn't updated in a month. i read all ur comments and saw ur votes for every chapter, and please know that u're all appreciated. sharing ur thoughts about each chapter helped me a lot to keep this fic going.

yj s3 is coming. i may have to speed things up for the s2 timeline here and a lot of u might get disappointed and underwhelmed on the most important parts from the series, so i apologize in advance. keep in mind that i'm still mixing the canon happenings in yj s2 and my own ideas (which kinda sucks lmao)

also i already have an idea for the next fic i'm gonna write after i finish this one (if u finish this and if u have time, u fucking clown)

does 'yellowjackets x stranger things' sounds good to anyone?

—————————

[2021]

Camp Green Pine.

That was the only thing written on the sign displayed above the wooden gate. There was no hint of something that would make you think you’re about to enter a cult’s base, and there is not a single thing that might appear suspicious to anybody who sees it.

“So,” Natalie started speaking. “How are we going to offer Laura Lee?” she asked in her default tone as she turned her head, sparing everyone a glance from the driver’s seat.

The nun only gave her a death glare at the question.

“We scream, ‘Hey, Lottie. We have your bestie.’” Jackie suggested, when in fact, her purpose for saying it was solely to annoy the woman.

“Seriously, do we have a plan B if they won’t let us through? We need to convince them to let us in,” Taissa asked everyone.

When none of them were able to give her an answer, Shauna spoke.

“Ohh, no,” she said, her voice a little regretful. “I should’ve brought Jeff’s gun.”

“What?” Taissa tried to clarify.

“I still have another syringe in my bag if we’re doing things that way,” Misty offered.

“Enough with the goddamn syringe!” yelled Taissa, eyeing both Shauna and Misty. “We’re not here to start chaos!”

“We’re not?” Van asked in a disappointed manner.

Natalie grinned at the sound of the women’s argument, adrenaline rushing through her veins.

“Prepare your sobbing lies because I’m about to honk.”

It didn’t take long for some people to appear. 

Two middle-aged men were walking in their direction, and just like what they were told beforehand by Callie and what Misty called citizen detectives, they were indeed wearing all purple clothes.

Natalie opened the door immediately in an attempt to take the liberty of speaking first and dropped the negotiation they prepared for them when one of the men beat her into talking first.

“Welcome to Camp Green Pine,” he said with a welcoming smile on his face as they opened the gate widely enough for the bus to fit with pleasure.

“What?” Natalie asked in confusion.