Chapter 3: Journey to the Dark Woods palace

Sirrna and Damian, walked over to a river located in the village.

Sirrina
(Stopping)
Wait...I have to check and make sure I am ready to go

DAMIAN stares at the river bank and Suddenly, Damian's eyes glaze over.

DAMIAN
(stammering)
My...my vision...it blurs...

Suddenly, SIRRINA is no longer beside him but standing by the river. Beside her is CELIA, a goddess in a shimmering white dress, her golden hair cascading down her back.

SIRRINA
(distant)
Celdin is beautiful...

CELIA
(equally distant)
Yes, Princess...you know that you hold the power of the second strand...when anything threatens...promise you will take care of my hope.

SIRRINA
(surprised)
Your hope?

CELIA
(firmly)
Promise me, Princess.

SIRRINA
(confused)
I-I promise...

CELIA
(relieved)
Good...I cannot afford to lose Celdin.

Suddenly, Damian blinks back into reality. Sirrina shakes him.

SIRRINA
(concerned)
Damien, are you okay? I've been shaking you for minutes! You seemed to have gone into some kind of trance!

DAMIAN
(disoriented)
Yes, I'm okay...I think I just had a vision...

SIRRINA
(curious)
A vision? What was it you saw?

DAMIAN
(pointing)
I saw you and the goddess, together, standing right there by the river. Celia had asked you to swear to protect her 'hope'...

SIRRINA
(nodding slightly)
That was a memory. I made that promise ages ago...You must be her hope. I swore to protect you.

DAMIAN
(realizing)
So she planned this all along?

SIRRINA
(smiling)
It seems that way...Well Damien, we must head to the first palace in the Dark Woods to get the first power to overcome the Legend Sword.

DAMIAN
(determined)
Are you ready?

Sirrina pulls out a thin rapier, decorated with gems.

SIRRINA
(confident)
Yes...There is a spark in her eyes, ready to ignite the flame that will save her realm. Damien smiles back. DAMIAN and SIRRINA walk through the forest, enjoying the serene atmosphere. Suddenly, they see a large stone with a diamond head.

DAMIAN
(curious)
What is that?

SIRRINA
(nervously)
T-thats-

The diamond shaped stone lights up. It has a huge, bright blue light shining on its face and other blue lights following on its body, which was buried in the ground. It makes a deep beeping sound and turns its head, grinding against the stone.

SIRRINA
(terrified)
That's a Protector!

Damian takes out his sword and weak metal shield, his body tensing.

DAMIAN
(determined)
Be careful!

SIRRINA
(fearful)
Be careful!

Damian runs up to it and swings away, but his sword deflects off of its solid body. The protector targets him and its blue eyes pulse faster and faster before it lets out a huge blue beam of energy. Damian falls to the ground, writhing in pain.

SIRRINA
(desperate)
Damian, hit the eye!

Damian forces himself up and runs at the Protector. He jumps up, raising his sword, and slashes the eye with as much power as he can muster. It turns its head wildly, trying to find the source of its pain. He swings his sword again--the body armour clatters to the ground, a small cloud of dust puffing up from the impact.