Chapter 10: Celdin Desert

INT. DESERT - DAY

Damian and Sirrina walk through the scorching desert, visibly exhausted.

DAMIAN
(Exhausted)
Oh... It's just too hot.

SIRRINA
(Agreeing)
Yeah... It is.

Suddenly, they hear a screeching sound and see a Lizadros approaching.

DAMIAN
(Alert)
Oh damn.

Both of them quickly draw their weapons. Damian swings his Drakon Sword, but it explodes into blue energy. Sirrina manages to stab the Lizadros in its back.

DAMIAN
(Grateful)
T-thanks.

SIRRINA
(Exhausted)
No problem.

Damian picks up the sword the Lizadros had, and they continue walking towards a black building in the distance. They finally reach the palace, completely drained.

SIRRINA
(Taking deep breaths)
C-can w-we just g-get inside?

DAMIAN
(Opening the door with his Legend Tablet)
Yes.

They rush inside and find themselves in a cool, spacious room. A giant rocky lizard stares at them.

DAMIAN
(Mocking)
Great, a lizard.

The Fire Lizard approaches Damien, attempting to bite him.

SIRRINA
(Shouting)
Damian! Hit the tail!

DAMIAN
(Confused)
W-what!?

Before she can explain further, the lizard lets out a loud roar.

Damian understands what Sirrina meant - the lizard's weak spot is its tail. He rolls behind the lizard and attacks it with the golden spear Katrina had given him. The lizard tries to blow fire, but Damian raises his shield in time, destroying the fire. Sirrina cuts off the Fire Lizard's tail, causing it to fall dead.

SIRRINA
(Playfully)
Nice job, Damian.

DAMIAN
(Grinning)
Thanks.

Suddenly, Celia's voice fills the room.

CELIA
(Softly)
Damian... I give you the fourth power... you can now use a deadly fire spin attack.

DAMIAN
(Excited)
Nice.

CELIA
You are nearly there... push forward.

Damien looks at Sirrina.

DAMIAN
(Grateful)
We make a wonderful team.

SIRRINA
(Smiling)
Yes, we do.

They nod at each other and prepare to head back to Katrina. However, a deep voice interrupts them.

DEEP VOICE
(WARNING)
Wait.

They turn to see Delin.

DELIN
(Nodding)
Good job so far, kid. You've been doing well.

DAMIAN
(Thankful)
Thanks, Delin.

DELIN
(Warning)
Now, you must cross the Celdin Desert, where illusions come to life. But do not trust anything you see, or you will be disappointed.

DAMIAN
(Understanding)
Ok.

DELIN
(Continuing)
Once you cross the desert, you will encounter Lake Celia, where the peaceful Merma tribe resides.

SIRRINA
(Excited)
Yes, the Merma tribe.

Delin stares at Damian for a long time.

DELIN
(Curious)
You are unlike anything I have ever seen.