Chapter 4: The Dark Woods palace

INT. DARK WOODS PALACE - ENTRANCE - DAY

Sirrina and Damian stand before a large, dark stone building. The air is heavy with a sense of decay, and the crumbling stones give the impression that the palace has been untouched for centuries.

SIRRINA
Here we are, Dark Woods Palace.

Damian looks up at the ominous building, a mixture of curiosity and apprehension on his face.

DAMIAN
Are you prepared?

SIRRINA
(her eyebrows knitted together)
Yes, I am. But are you?

Damian hesitates, unsure of what to say. He knows he has no choice but to be prepared for whatever lies ahead.

DAMIAN
Yes, I... I suppose so.

Sirrina opens her mouth to speak but stops herself, her worried gaze fixed on Damian. She bites her lip, nods, and takes a deep breath. With determination, she approaches the ancient stone door ahead.

SIRRINA
Take out the tablet.

Damian does as instructed, holding up the tablet against the stone. The Dark Star symbol flashes, and the door begins to open slowly.

SIRRINA
Here we go.

They cautiously step into a vast, open room. In the center stands a menacing dragon, its dark scales and horns giving it an aura of danger. Darkness seems to flow around it, adding to its intimidating presence.

DAMIAN
(uncertain)
Um... hello? Did we interrupt something?

The door slams shut behind them, and the room is bathed in a blue light emanating from the walls. The dragon turns its gaze towards them.

DRAGON
(laughing)
Foolish child, you are Celdin's hope?

DAMIAN
(confused)
Uh, what's so funny?

Damian glances at Sirrina, whose narrowed eyes are fixed on the enormous dragon.

DRAGON
(scoffing)
You look like a peasant! At least the Princess is dressed in a royal manner, the Celdin blue.

DAMIAN
(curious)
What's so special about blue?

DRAGON
It is the royal color of Celdin and the Dark Star. But enough history lessons. It is time for you to die.

Damien instinctively draws his sword, and Sirrina unsheathes her rapier.

DAMIAN
(utterly surprised)
Princess?

SIRRINA
(winking)
Let's show this dragon what we're made of.

The dragon's laughter booms throughout the room as Damian charges forward, narrowly avoiding a fireball. He swings his sword at the dragon's legs but it bounces off harmlessly. Stumbling backward, he regains his footing.

DAMIAN
(confused)
What the...

SIRRINA
(shouting)
Damian, hit the tail!

Damian is struck by the dragon's paw but quickly recovers as a river of flames is unleashed. Sirrina deftly dodges and strikes at the dragon's tail, making it vulnerable. Damian continues to attack, but his sword shatters upon contact with the dragon's body. Undeterred, he pulls out his curved blade and prepares for another strike.

DRAGON
(stop abruptly)
Stop! I yield! I will tell you anything!

Surprised, Damian and Sirrina lower their weapons, their eyes fixed on the weakened dragon.

SIRRINA
(slightly skeptical)
We are listening, dragon.

Before the dragon can reveal any information, it suddenly explodes into darkness, surrounding Damian and Sirrina like a swirling fog. A booming voice emerges from the darkness.

VOICE
Fools! Do you really think you can stop me?

A chill runs down Damian's spine as he raises his sword, searching for the source of the voice. Damian and Sirrina stand back to back, moving in sync as they scan the room.

SIRRINA
(demanding)
Who are you?

VOICE
I shall not tell you... You will see who I am soon enough!

The voice fades away, and the darkness dissipates, leaving the room silent. Damian notices a bracelet on his wrist, shimmering with the faint glow of the Dark Star.

CELIA'S VOICE
Damian... You now have the power to call upon the Dark Star. Use it wisely.

Damian looks up at the ceiling, bends his legs, and launches himself into the air. Time seems to slow as he descends gracefully to the ground.

DAMIAN
(amazed)
Whoa, that was fast.

SIRRINA
(grinning)
Impressive. Now, we must continue our journey to the Celdin mountains. That is where the next palace awaits.

DAMIAN
(nodding)
Off we go, then.

Hand in hand, Damian and Sirrina turn around and head toward the large stone door, ready to face whatever challenges lie ahead.

INT. CELDIN CASTLE - DAY

The Ancient, approaches an The figure. The room is dimly lit, emphasizing the menacing presence of both beings.

The FIGURE
(booming voice)
How can a peasant crush my servant?!

ANCIENT
(slightly bowing)
My lord, I have another plan.

The FIGURE
(raising an eyebrow)
What is it, Taloran, King of Ancients?

The Ancient, Taloran, exudes an air of authority and power as he speaks.

TALORAN
We have the Frost Golem!

The Figure's anger is replaced with a wicked smile as a massive, white stone figure enters the room.

The FIGURE
(chuckling)
Frost Golem.

The Frost Golem, with a deep voice that matches its immense size, acknowledges the The Figure's presence.

FROST GOLEM
Yes, master?

The FIGURE
(smirking)
Create havoc in Golem Village... Freeze the fool's path!

The Frost Golem bows deeply, its obedience evident in its actions.

FROST GOLEM
It will be done.

The Figure laughs, confident in the success of their plan.