Chapter 16: Lord of rulers

INT. FOREST - DAY

A dense forest surrounds a large stone door. The air is thick with anticipation as the group approaches.

DAMIAN
(pulling out the Legend Tablet)
Here goes nothing.

The tablet activates, causing the door to glow. The Dark Star symbol appears, and the door swings open, revealing a wooden bridge over a peaceful river.

EXT. WOODEN BRIDGE - DAY

The group crosses the bridge, staring ahead at a decayed, run-down palace. The stones are cracked and weathered.

EXT. RUINED PALACE - DAY

The group enters a giant room lit by torches. The room is dark and ominous, with the Dark Star symbol on the ground. At the far end stands CELDOR, dressed in black with a tattered cloak. He holds a giant sword.

DRELLUM
(smiling)
Well, if it isn't Celdor, Lord Of Rulers.

CELDOR
(calmly)
Drellum.

SIRRINA
(shocked)
C-Celdor!? The dark lord of the Dark Age?

CELDOR
(nods)
I am Celdor, the last lord. Celia thought I was done for and that the Hero Of The Dark Star killed me... well, she was wrong.

DAMIAN
(drawing the Legend Sword)
Then I guess we'll just have to put you down again.

The Legend Sword glows bright blue. Zeem! Celdor laughs.

CELDOR
So... another Hero? Celia's chosen, was it?

DAMIAN
You have done well to come this far, but I have orders from my master to end that.

DAMIAN
Who?

CELDOR
(grinning)
I shall never tell.

Flames erupt, trapping the group.

SIRRINA
Damian!

DAMIAN
(trying not to panic)
I'll be fine... this is a Hero's job.

DRELLUM
Be careful, kid... he is no weak person.

Celdor's dark aura intensifies. He launches at Damian with his giant sword, but Damian rolls away. The battle begins in earnest.

CELDOR
You will die and embrace the darkness.

Celdor forms a lightning ball and throws it at Damian, electrocuting him. Despite the pain, Damian fights back.

DAMIAN
(gritting his teeth)
Not today.

Damian front flips as Celdor jump slashes at him. Celdor charges again, but Damian is ready. They clash, and Damian slashes a beam of light at Celdor.

SIRRINA
(praying)
Oh, please give him strength... don't let him die on me!

Celdor's sword becomes engulfed in flames. He flings it, blasting Damian back. The Legend Sword absorbs the blast.

CELDOR
(shocked)
How!?

DAMIAN
(grabbing the Legend Sword)
Time to end this!

Damian swings the sword, sending an energy beam at Celdor, who stumbles back. They clash once more, and Damian finally strikes Celdor down.

CELDOR
(falling to his knees)
H-how? Oh Lord Xe-!

A booming voice fills the room.

FIGURE
FOOLS! HOW CAN A PEASANT LIKE YOU DEFEAT THE LORD OF RULERS!?

DAMIAN
Who are you!?

FIGURE
I am Celia's so-called 'abomination'! She will pay for abandoning me!