Chapter 17: The figure revealed

EXT. RUINED VILLAGE - DAY

The village lies in ruins. Villagers stand aside, watching as a group approaches a towering Ancient.

SIRRINA
(with reverence)
Taloran, King of Ancients.

The Ancient, TALORAN, lowers himself in a short bow.

TALORAN
Hero of Legend, I have seen the truth... please forgive my actions across Celdin.

DAMIAN
I do, as long as you can help me defeat the Crystal of Light.

TALORAN looks at the distant, decayed Celdin castle.

TALORAN
You'll have to go through the armory, to the kitchen, to the baths, and to Sirrina's room. There, you shall climb up to the throne room.

SIRRINA
(hands on hips, surprised)
How did you know about my secret passage?!

TALORAN
Because I have planned this ever since I found the truth.

SIRRINA nods.

SIRRINA
Thank you.

TALORAN
Go... time is running out.

The group begins to run towards the castle. As they arrive, LAYLON and CELDOR wait by a giant entrance.

CELDOR
Did Taloran tell you the plan?

DAMIAN
Yes, I remember it.

LAYLON
Be careful... Celdin castle has been turned into a super fortress.

SIRRINA
We will.

LAYLON
I will try to summon the other mages to our aid.

The group nods and says their goodbyes, making their way forth. They enter the castle and come face to face with a DARBOLIN. DAMIAN draws the Legend Sword and quickly kills it. They see stairs leading to the throne room, blocked by a magical wall.

SIRRINA
The armory is this way.

She grabs DAMIAN's left hand, pulling him to a room on the right. The armory is filled with swords, shields, spears, and axes. A LIZADROS stands ahead with a sword and shield. SIRRINA takes out a rapier and charges forth, quickly killing it with skill.

DAMIAN
Wow, now you use your skill?

SIRRINA
Yeah... I saw my chance to show off.

They move to a huge dining room with a destroyed table. A SERVER with an axe and shield confronts them.

DAMIAN
Oh damn.

He unsheathes the glowing Legend Sword. They circle each other, waiting for an opening. DAMIAN swings, obliterating its shield and killing it.

DAMIAN
Damn.

SIRRINA
The true power of the Legend Sword.

They walk out of the dining room into a hallway that leads through ruined baths and into another hallway that leads to a giant door. They open it and enter a giant room with a big bed and pink ruined curtains.

DAMIAN
This is your room?

SIRRINA
Yes.

She walks over to the balcony and presses her right hand against a stone. Some stairs suddenly rise from nowhere.

SIRRINA
Come on.

DAMIAN begins to walk to the stairs when SIRRINA stops him. She then leans forward and kisses him. When they pull back, DAMIAN looks at her, worried.

DAMIAN
Our powers are fading... I hope we-

SIRRINA
Don't worry, hun. I will stop the abomination.