Chapter 6: Layon, the first mage

INT. MOUNTAIN TOP - DAY

Damian and Sirrina stand at the top of a tall mountain, breathing in the fresh air. Damian notices a regular metal Celdin sword embedded in a rock nearby. He walks over and pulls it out, swinging it a few times before sheathing it.

SIRRINA
Well, Damian, this is quite the view.

Damian's vision suddenly blurs as a memory plays in his head.

INT. MOUNT CELIA - DAY (FLASHBACK)

Sirrina stands on Mount Celia with a girl in a shimmering red dress. The girl has long red hair and fire red eyes that blaze with intensity.

SIRRINA
Laylon, mage of the Dark Star, please.

LAYLON
Princess Sirrina, the darkness will come and overtake Celdin Castle.

SIRRINA
So Celia has a hope?

LAYLON
Yes, he's sleeping right now. You will see him when he wakes.

Sirrina turns and stares longingly at the beautiful Celdin Castle.

The memory fades and Sirrina is suddenly standing beside Damian, her voice muffled slightly.

SIRRINA
Damian, we need to stop whatever it is.

Damian nods, looking at the now ruined Celdin Castle and the menacing black clouds swirling around it.

DAMIAN
Okay, take out the Legend Tablet.

Damian unclips the Legend Tablet from his belt and pulls up the map. Sirrina stands by his side, plotting their trip.

SIRRINA
We need to take the road west to get to Golem village in the north. It will be safer and easier.

DAMIAN
Okay.

Sirrina takes a deep breath.

SIRRINA
Time to climb down.

They begin their brutal descent down the icy mountain, eventually reaching the bottom. They walk through a cold mountain passageway.

Sirrina shivers uncontrollably, rubbing her arms.

SIRRINA
I-it's s-so c-cold!

Damian puts his arm around her, trying to warm her.

DAMIAN
Oh, really, I'm alright.

Sirrina leans into his embrace.

DAMIAN (CONT'D)
Here, let's--

A loud rumbling sound interrupts them. They look up to see a Protector awakening from the ground, shaking off the snow as it settles into position.

SIRRINA
Oh dear.

The Protector targets Damian, but he calls upon the power of the Dark Star. He flings his left arm out, launching into the air and notching an Energy Arrow.

Damian aims at the Protector's eye and releases the arrow, causing it to explode into metal pieces. He lands softly on the ground.

DAMIAN
Damn, that was powerful.

Sirrina giggles and collects the pieces of the Protector, storing them in her magical satchel.

DAMIAN
How can you carry all that?

SIRRINA
It's a magical satchel. Now, Damien... where to?

Damian pulls out the Legend Tablet and examines the map.

DAMIAN
We just head Northeast.

SIRRINA
Okay.

They continue their journey and eventually arrive at a big town made of stone. Strange figures, tattered like clothing and with peculiar-shaped heads, roam around.