Chapter 9: Truth of the hero

INT. OUTLOOK VILLAGE - DAY

We arrived at Outlook Village where we talked with Artemis.

ARTEMIS
I thank you, Damian. This village means a lot to the hunters of the wild.

DAMIAN
(nods)
I understand.

ARTEMIS
So from now on, I title you the hero of the Outlook. Please accept this gift.

There was a flash of light, and Damian is suddenly clothed in a black cloak.

SIRRINA
(wide-eyed)
W-whoa.

ARTEMIS
(smiling)
Yes, it is the clothing of the Hero of the Dark Star. Celia told me to one day give this to you.

Damian looks at himself, impressed.

DAMIAN
It's comfy and cool.

ARTEMIS
And lucky you, it reflects the heat.

DAMIAN
(confused)
How can black reflect the sun?

ARTEMIS
It's magically enhanced.

Damian nods, accepting the explanation.

ARTEMIS
Now, like Delin said, you must go to Celdin Desert Village. Oh, make sure you take Sirrina to her mother.

DAMIAN
Okay, I will.

Sienna rolls her eyes.

ARTEMIS
Good luck, Hero of the Outlook.

Damian bows, and they leave the village.

EXT. CELDIN RIVER - DAY

Damian and Sirrina stand by the Celdin River.

SIRRINA
This is the Celdin River.

DAMIAN
Well...we're stuck!

SIRRINA
No, not really.

Sirrina throws a stick into the water, and it transforms into a small wooden bridge.

DAMIAN
Nice.

They walk across the bridge and reach the other side.

DAMIAN
Okay, I think we need a horse.

SIRRINA
(nods)
Close your ears.

Damian covers his ears as Sirrina whistles. A white horse with a gold saddle appears.

DAMIAN
(awestruck)
Okay, now-

Suddenly, a blue laser beam shoots past them, hitting a tree. They turn and see an ancient, a Seeker, with a trapezoid head and two barrel slots.

SIRRINA
(panicking)
T-t-that's the most feared ancient...a Seeker!

DAMIAN
Umm... Go!

Sirrina rides forward, dodging the deadly beams shot by the Seeker. Damian pulls out his bow and loads an energy bomb arrow.

DAMIAN
I'm trying!

Damian fires the arrow at the Seeker's eye, but the Seeker shoots energy spheres, destroying the arrow.

DAMIAN
Great.

SIRRINA
(worried)
Damian, please do something!

DAMIAN
(thinking)
I'm thinking!

The Seeker fires two energy spheres, causing trees to fall and block their path.

SIRRINA
(rearing the horse)
Oh please, Celia.

But Damian doesn't need to pray. He arms two bomb arrows and disables the Seeker. He then leaps into the air and loads an Energy Arrow.

Damian's arrow strikes the Seeker before it can block it. He lands softly back on the horse.