CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: BIRTHDAY BASH

song of the chapter: the enemy — andrew belle

"you got a question or two but i'm tongue tied now"

𓆩𓆪

The next night Ivory found herself following behind Wednesday closely as she made her way through the woods to get to Crackstone's crypt. The fairy was aware of the plan Enid had to surprise the raven, successfully luring her out to the crypt where everyone was waiting with a big cake, but something about the forest at night gave Ivory the creeps.

The blonde held onto the note some mysterious stranger had made for Wednesday to receive, immediately earning her interest with the simple message and a location, knowing full well it was Yoko who had slid the piece of paper underneath the door swiftly as Ivory and Enid were talking to Wednesday in their dorm. Ivory wasn't sure if Enid's plan would be successful, but it seemed everything went according to plan for now.

She was glad when the two finally reached their destination, but as soon as they walked up the steps to the entrance a morbid smell reached the blonde's nostrils. She let out a squeak as she placed a hand over her lower half of the face.

"Smells like a corpse is still rotting in there", Ivory commented, earning a glance from Wednesday as she shone her flashlight onto the chains that were hanging from the door, broken down.

Ivory followed the other girl reluctantly, knowing there was nothing to be afraid of, but she wondered how the rest of the group was handling that god awful smell. The fairy's steps got slower, letting Wednesday walk ahead as she noticed Enid coming out of her hiding spot with a big grin and a cake in her hands.

Fishing a lighter out of her pocket quietly, Ivory came prepared and as she lit the first candle she could hear Wednesday calling out for her. The fairy was almost surprised to hear a sliver of worry lacing the girl's voice as she said the blonde's name. Wordlessly, Enid urged the fairy to light up the rest of the candles and as they finally rounded the corner as quietly as possible, the rest of the group, who was crouched behind the tomb, took it as a sign to jump up.

As Wednesday shone her flashlight at them she almost let out a relieved sigh, but as soon as she could hear giggling from the two blondes behind her, she knew she was actually tricked. She turned around to see Ivory, who seemed tense up until a few moments ago, now smiling brightly at her, holding onto the plated cake that Enid prepared.

"Happy birthday!", everyone exclaimed and soon enough they all started singing. They all huddled closer together, encircling the birthday girl as Ivory was squished between Xavier and Enid, sensing that Wednesday absolutely hated it. But it was entirely entertaining to see.

Thruthfully, Ivory wasn't all that invested in surprising the girl, but she knew how hard Enid had been trying to earn her trust and befriend her, so it was a simple gesture Ivory could participate in to help the werewolf out. Ivory was also painfully aware of how Xavier has been trying to earn the girl's attention, similiar to how the fairy was pining after Tyler for years on end, that's probably why he animated the girl to help out, so even if Wednesday and her were still mutually unsure about each other, it was the least the fairy could do for her friends.

It took Ivory a while to get used to the odd creature that was Thing, but seeing Wednesday arguing with him like he was able to reply didn't seem as odd anymore, considering the fact that Thing helped Enid with the planning. In some way, Ivory thought it was pretty cool to have a little helper by your side at all times, it probably had it's perks.