Chapter 8

England 1492 (Angelina)

   It's after lunch the day after the incident with Lucia. She is now gone from the castle. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit relieved.

   I ate breakfast and lunch alone, deciding not to join the others. Not particularly because of yesterday, more because I took a trip to the library last night and I found a book that I'm so invested in, all I want to do is read it. That, and I do enjoy my alone time, I enjoy the feeling of solitude.

   I am now wandering around, exploring the castle. Elijah didn't show all of it to us the other day, just the main rooms. I am not even exactly sure where I am right now, I have wandered so deep into the castle.

   I see a door up ahead, bigger than all the rest in this hallway. I find myself curious to see what's inside. I push open the door very slightly, just enough to see what's inside. I'm surprised when I see weapons displayed all around the room. Swords, knives, arrows, you name it.

   The room is very big and spacious. In one area of the room, there seems to be space for dueling. On one of the walls there are targets. I feel a flurry of excitement inside me. It has been so long since I have shot with a bow and arrow.

   I walk over to where the bows are displayed and I pick one out. Then I pick up 5 arrows as there are 5 targets. I stand at the other side of the room.

   I lift the bow, standing in line with the first target. I pull back the arrow and let it fly. 

   Bull's- eye. 

   It's not bang in the middle of the bull's-eye, it's more on the edge, but I'm a bit rusty.

   I move onto the second one. Bull's-eye.

   The third, bull's-eye.

   After shooting 5 bull's-eyes, I look back and asses my shots. The first two were on the edge of the bull's-eye but the others were right in the middle of it. I smile to myself, I've still got it.

   "You have an exceptional aim," a voice says from behind me. I roll my eyes in annoyance and sigh. Without looking at him, I go to retrieve the arrows from the targets.

   "Really, I do not think I have ever met someone with an aim as good as that. Very, very impressive." I finally turn to look at him as I put the bow and arrows back where I got them.

   "You like creeping up on me very much," I glare at him.

   "I saw you pass my study, love. I was curious as to why you were in this part of the castle. I had meant to go look for you in a few minutes anyway."

   "Oh? And why is that?"

   "Well Elijah tells me you are fond of riding and have requested to ride today."

   "Yes that is right. I asked Elijah to take me yesterday. Not you."

   "Well Elijah is a bit preoccupied, darling. I am afraid you shall have to put up with me," he smirks, amused. He is clearly enjoying this.

   "Fine. Maybe I shall get the chance to knock you off your horse when we are out there. And maybe if I am lucky, you will hit your head and spare me a bit of peace for a few hours." He smiles wide, almost laughs as I storm out past him and leave him to follow me. "Why are you even bothering with me anyway? Seeing as you are so.. interested in Katerina."

   "Oh, I find you so very interesting. It seems to bring me some amusement how you make your dislike for me so very obvious. You entertain me."

   "If you want someone to entertain you, go find a jester."