Chapter 24

I'm more afraid for Elena then I am for myself. 

   It doesn't matter if Elijah gets me. Word is probably out about us not being in the tomb anyway. I don't think Elijah would hurt me, he has no reason to. But Elena... Elena's fate is death. I have to get her out of here.

   I'm about to grab her and speed away, somewhere, anywhere. But Trevor anticipates what I'm about to do. I'm slow, due to all the vervain that has been injected into me. I've built up tolerance, but I'm not completely immune. He grabs me and speeds me into another room.

   I hear Rose and Elijah walk into the room we were just in. Elena gasps and starts to breathe heavily in fear. "Human...it's impossible..... hello there," Elijah's voice echoes through the room.

   "Trevor!" Rose calls, "bring her out!" He grabs me roughly and throws me into the room. Elijah's eyes widen in surprise before a grin starts to spread slowly across his face. Not a friendly one, quite the opposite actually. I snarl in anger, wiggling out of Trevor's hold and pushing him away from me. Elijah speeds over to me.

   I stand tall, refusing to look afraid, not breaking eye contact with him. "Angelina," he says, surprisingly softly. I say nothing, glaring at him. "How are you?" I almost laugh at his question. How are you? Really? Everything that's happened and he's asking me how I am?

   "How are you isn't really going to cut it. I was expecting a big apology." He smiles, amused.

   "You and Katerina dying in a fire.. it never did sit right with me. You were always to clever for that... too strong." I continue to stare him down.

   He walks back over to Elena when I don't answer him. "We have a long journey ahead of us we should be going."

   "Going where?" I ask Elijah firmly, I need to distract him. "Back to your favorite sibling? No, I don't think so. You see Elijah,  I've heard quite a few things over the years. I know that you don't talk to your brother anymore. I know how you've fell out with him. So why bring her to him? You won't. You don't want him to know about her. You don't want him to break the curse."

   Elijah looks displeased. I smile in triumph. "Please don't let him take me," Elena looks to Rose and Trevor.

   "One last piece of business. Then we're done," Elijah says walking over to Trevor. I can sense what's about to happen.

   "I've waited too long for this day, Elijah." I grab Elena, tight, prepared to make a run for it if I get the chance. "I'm truly very sorry."

   "Oh no, Your apology is not necessary."

   "Yes. Yes, it is. You trusted me with Katerina, and I failed you."

   "Well, yes, you are the guilty one. And Rose aided you because she was loyal to you. That, I honor. Where was your loyalty?"

   "I beg your forgiveness."

   "So granted." Elijah replies, calmly. I sense it coming before he slices his hand fast across Trevor's neck and decapitates him. Rose screams. This is our only chance. I grab Elena and speed us out towards the door.

   Elijah catches us before we get far. I'm still too slow from all the vervain. "No, what about the moonstone?" Elena asks Elijah. I scowl in annoyance. Why the hell would she say that?

   Elijah looks to me surprised, then back to Elena, "What do you know about the moonstone?"

   "I know that you need it. A-and I know where it is," Elena says nervously.

   "Yes?" Elijah nods at her to continue.

   "I can help you get it."

   "Tell me where it is."