Chapter 25

I hear a knock on the front door as I finish drinking a blood bag in the kitchen. Elena. I've been avoiding the two Salvatore's all morning, but now that Elena is here I'm sure they'll expect me to talk.

The four of them go into the study. I'll give it another minute before I go in there.

Ok, I can't avoid them any longer. I walk to the study and pick up on Stefan's voice as I go. "Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know what's real, for all we know, he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story." He's obviously trying to make Elena feel better about it. That won't be much good when he shows up in Mystic Falls.

"He's not," I say walking in. They all turn to look at me.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up, come clean," Damon says, with an annoyed look on his face.

"He's very real. I know, because I used to know him," I tell them, that nauseous feeling still lingering in my stomach.

"You used to know him?" Damon repeats, confused.

"He's real, and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot," Rose adds.

"All right, we're shaking. You made your point," Damon tells her. Elena stands up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asks.

"School. I'm late."

"I'll grab my stuff. I'll go with you."

"That's okay. I know where it is."

"She's in denial," Damon says quietly to Rose.

"Shut up, Damon" Stefan tells him. I sigh and go to pour a drink.

"Drinking already?" Damon asks with a quirked brow. He keeps talking when I ignore him. "So how do you know Klaus anyway? He doesn't happen to be the mysterious person that you and Katherine were running from for 500 years, now does he?"

"Shut up, Damon," I snap. I head back upstairs, planning in my head what I'll do with myself today. A few minutes later, Damon shouts up the stairs.

"Angela, Rose and I are going to Richmond to talk to some guy who might be able to tell us where Klaus is, wanna come?"

"No!" I shout back at him, failing to mention that I already know exactly where Klaus is.

"Figured as much. See ya later then." I sigh lying down on my bed. I should probably go and talk to my sister soon. Or not, I don't really feel like doing anything right now.

Maybe that's what I need actually, a full day of doing nothing. I smile to myself as I jump into bed and flick on the tv.

***

It's night when Stefan comes into my room and shuts the door behind him. Uh oh, this must be serious. He sighs, "Elena... she went to see Katherine today," he tells me.

"Why?" I frown.

"To get answers... about Klaus." I sigh, looking anywhere but him. "Is it true?"

"Is it true that I fell deeply in love with him and then found out that he wanted to sacrifice my sister in a ritual so we ran, turned and then went home to find our parents slaughtered? Yes, Stefan, it's true. My sister wasn't lying for once. Shocker."

"I understand, ok? I understand why you didn't want to tell us about him, about anything. But I want you to know that... well, I'm your friend, Angela. You can talk to me."