part 39# happy ending?

~ Madelyn ~

I closed my eyes feeling a cold numbness taking over my body but someone lightly smacked my face.

"Ouch." I whined forcing my eyes open.

"No sleeping." Lorenzo warned me as he held me.

We were in a car . A very fast moving car might I add.

"But I'm so tired." I mumbled closing my eyes again but another smack hit my face .

"Lorenzo." I complained and his breathing was heavy.

"No fuck you!" He told me and my jaw dropped.

"Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Who told you to jump in front of me like an idiot?" He shouted at me. One of his hands was applying pressure to my stomach while the other was moving my hair out of my face gently.

"He was gonna shoot you." I said taking a deep breath.

"Then let me fucking die!" He shouted angrily and I frowned.

"I can't." I told him grabbing his hand that was holding my face with my weak one.

"Darling you need to get something through your head." He told me. "If I die you'll be alive, you'll live and be happy, but if you die , this world means nothing to me baby and your sacrifice would have been for nothing. A life without you is pointless."

"A life without you is pointless." I breathed. "It all means nothing without you here."

He leaned down and kissed me and a tear fell down my face. He pulled away and pressed a kiss to my forehead. My father was in the passenger seat pretending he couldn't hear us.

We reached the hospital and Lorenzo carried me inside where a stretcher was waiting for me. They placed an oxygen mask over me and I grabbed Lorenzos hand. He placed a kiss to my hand.

"Die and I will too... And I will drag you all the way down to hell with me darling." He warned me before the nurses took me to the OR.

                         --------------

I woke up feeling slightly dizzy. My eyes felt heavy as I forced them opened. I was in a blue hospital gown with two different IVs sticking into my arm.

I looked around the room and my eyes landed on my father. He was sitting next to my bed with his head in his hands.

"Papa?" I whispered my voice felt hoarse.

His head immediately shot up and he let out a breath of relief.

"I'm so sorry." He said. " I'm so sorry. I've never been so afraid in my life."

"I forgive you." I told him sincerely. "I would have been angrier if you shot him."

"Hm." He said grabbing my hand. "ty lyubish' yego?" ( Do you love him?)

"bol'she, chem moya zhizn' " I told him. ( More than my life)

"Yes I see that." He said as his eyes moved to where I was shot.

"Stop feeling guilty." I told him. "I know you wouldn't do it on purpose. You gave me everything I could ever ask for. You gave me a father."

"But I love him Papa and I'm not going to stop." I told him and he sighed nodding.

"Then whatever you decide to do... I will trust you and I will support you." He told me before standing up and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I will tell them you are awake." He told me and I nodded.

As my father was walking out Lorenzo passed him in the doorway. He glared at him before his eyes moved to me and his whole body relaxed slightly. My father left and Lorenzo made his way to the side of my bed taking a seat next to it.

"You little drama queen with your whole 'oh no I'm going to die' scene. " He teased and my jaw dropped.

"You asshole I can't believe I took a bullet for you." I told him and his eyes moved to mine.

"Yeah neither can I." He said taking my hand and pressing kisses to it.

"Never do that to me again." He said vulnerably.

"No promises." I whispered and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Madelyn." He warned and I sighed.

"I won't do it again." I said.

"Good." He said. "Because I've never been so afraid in my life."

"You?" I teased. "Afraid?"

"Only when it comes to you." He said. "You fuck my mind up."

"The feeling is mutual." I told him.

"I don't know where we go from here darling but I'm yours." He said sincerely.

"And you're mine." He whispered and I nodded.

"Only yours." I smiled and he stood up kissing crashing his lips into mine.

I threaded my fingers through his hair as he kissed me. The kiss was deep and passionate with all those unsaid words from 5 years ago now out in the open. The kiss finally felt like I was floating and not being weighed down by the pain and complications of our relationship.

"I love you." He mumbled over my lips.

"I love you too." I whispered kissing him again.

"Lorenzo." I said and he pulled away.

"Yes darling?" He asked and I bit my bottom lip trying to find the words.

"Marry me?" I asked and he froze.

He didn't say anything he just kissed me hard and when he pulled back I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Is that a yes?" I asked nervously and he smiled.

"Yes." He said and I smiled. "But as soon as you're healthy I expect a formal proposal down on one knee."

"Deal." I said laughing as I kissed him again.

The was no one else out there for me. It was only Lorenzo.

_________________________________________

AND THAT IS THE END OF ONLY YOURS DARLING. OH MY WORD THIS HAS BEEN A JOURNEY. 2024 WAS THE WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE AND THIS MADE IT SO MUCH BETTER. THIS BOOK HAS HELPED ME IN SO MANY WAYS YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA🥹

AAAAHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER. I STILL REMEMBER THE FIRST DAY I STARTED WRITING AND I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING. BUT SEVERAL MONTHS AND MENTAL BREAKDOWNS LATER AND HERE WE ARE. I'M SO THANKFUL FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS FOLLOWED ALONG WITH THIS STORY. YOUR SUPPORT HAS MADE IT ALL SO WORTH IT AND I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

THANK YOU SO MUCH LIKE I ACTUALLY HAVE NO WORDS , JUST THANK YOU❤️

SO IN HONOUR OF THIS BOOK COMING TO AN END IT'S ONLY FITTING TO PLAY THE SONG THAT STARTED IT ALL. THE SONG THAT GAVE ME THE IDEA FOR THIS BOOK:

I LOVE YOU GUYSS SO MUCH

MWAH 💋