not quite famous (5)

"This is so way beyond bad." Lindsey says from ontop of her bed. I sit up in my bed and yawn as Gwen turns towards the blonde.

"Well good morning to you too Linds."

"Oh, hey Y/n. I'm out of fake tanner already!" She holds the tube up so I can see and Gwen rolls her eyes.

"Woah, that's tragic Lindsey."

"Now I have to actually tan, like sun tan. In the sun! Do you realize how shriveled and wrinkly that can make your skin?" She goes over to Gwen and picks up a strand of her hair. "Aww you totally do."

The noise projectors go off and Chris begins to speak. "Alright campers enough beauty sleep. Time to show us whatchu made of."

★○★○★○★

We're instructed to go the amphitheater as we wait for our beloved host.

"Are we gonna see a musical. I love musicals. Especially the ones with singing and dancing." Lindsey rambles. I walk with Gwen towards the stands and see Trent waving his hand out for me to see.

"Yo, Y/n, saved you a seat." I smile at him and see Gwen try to walk away from me. But I link my arm with hers and pull her towards Trent. He dusts the seat off for me and I sit beside him, pulling Gwen to sit on my other unoccupied side. Cody comes and sits beside Trent.

Trent leans back and puts his hands behind his head. Cody mimics Trent, but ends up falling on his back as he attempts to impress Gwen, as Trent tries to impress you.

Heather notices and rolls her eyes. She is then shocked when Lindsey blows a kiss to Tyler. He grabs it and points at her. Realizing she's being watched, Lindsey stops and awkwardly smiles at Heather.

"Welcome to our brand new deluxe state of the art outdoor amphitheater. Okay this weeks challenge is a summer camp favorite...a talent contest."

"Yess awesome."

"Aww yay Y/n did you hear! It's a talent contest finally!!!" Lindsey yells at me from across the stands. I smile and nod my head at her.

"Each team has eight hours to pick the three most talented campers. These three will represent them in the show tonight. Sing dance, juggle, anything goes....as long as it's legal."

Duncan snaps his fingers and I raise my eyebrow at him.

"You'll be judged by our resident talent scout, dj vj and rap legend... grand master chef. Who will show his approval via the chef o meter. The team that loses will send one camper home tongiht. Good luck."

★○★○★○★

Heather blows her whistle to get our attention. "Okay, I'm the team captain so here's how it's going to work."

"Wait- who said you were team captain?"

"She did, just now." Lindsey inform Gwen.

"Lindsey, Beth and I took a vote and I won."

"Threatening them to vote for you isn't exactly democratic." I leave exit our cabin and come down the stairs to stand beside Gwen.

"What are we talking about?"

Heather, to my surprise, sweetly smiles at me and walks up to me.

"Y/n, surely you don't mind if I lead the team for this challenge, right?"

I raise my eyebrow at her and give her a skeptical look.

****confessionals***