hide and be sneaky (17)

"Y/n, you have to get up. Trent would want you to keep going." Bridgette says from outside the cabins. I locked the door so no one could come in. I didn't want anyone to see my current state. I felt so bad that Trent was gone. And not only that, but I kissed him and Gwen on the same day. And they don't know about it. I was sad, but mostly guilty.

"He wouldn't want you to wallow in self pity!"

"I'm not coming out until the challenge starts." I call out to her. She sighs and walks down the steps where Heather and Lindsey sit. She "accidentally" steps on Heather's hand and she yelps in pain.

"Hey!" She glares while holding her shirt that now has multiple holes in it.

"I am so glad they included Grape-tastic pop in your reward last night Heather!" Lindsey says unable to contain her excitement. "It's totally my favorite. It's the only thing I've really been craving on the island."

"I cannot believe Y/n shredded my clothes! Not only that, but that she didn't vote for Trent!" Heather says ignoring the blonde. "She is so gonna pay for this! I can't wait to tell Gwen what she did."

"Well, you did kinda blackmail her. That's so not cool. And she's really pretty. And she's always forgiving you after you cross her."

"Shut up. I'm doing this for us. One less person here and we're closer to the final two." She steals her soda, but then spits it out immediately. "How can you drink this sugar water?" She says before throwing the bottle across the grass. Lindsey gasps as Heather smiles.

****confessionals****

Lindsey: "Heather is my best friend on the island. I mean sure, she steals my food, borrows my clothes, and calls me names, but that's what bffs are for!" She says while counting out the things Heather's done. "Best female friends!"

Heather: "Who cares about friends? In this world, there are shepherds, and there are sheep. And Lindsey is a major sheep." She puts her fingers on her head to imitate sheep horns. "Baaaaaa."

Lindsey: "I think she really respects me and my strategical ideas."

Heather: "I've got flip flops with more brains than her. But hey, she's useful right now so I'll keep her close. And when I don't need her anymore, I'll dump her."

***confessionals end***

★○★○★○★

Chris calls us to the dock as he begins to explain our first challenge. I feel side eyes from everyone from my dishelved look. My hair wasn't how it usually was, and I looked as if I hadn't slept in days.

"This challenge is a good old fashioned game of hide and seek! You all get ten minutes to hide before Chef Hatchet comes looking for you. With his military background and advanced degree in manhunting, he's uniquely quailified to make this game excruciatingly hard." Chris says as Chef pulls out a water gun and cocks it back.

"What's with the water gun?" Duncan questions as Chef points it towards him.

"The lifeguard chair is home base. When he finds you, Chef will try to spray you. If you escape his blast, you can try to run to home base. But if he catches you on your way, he'll douse you."

"Ooouuu so we're gonna get splashed by a bit of water now I'm terrified." Duncan taunts.

"Why don't you demonstrate Chef?"

Chef sprays Chris and sends him all the way across the lawn. "Not on me dude!"

"So how do we win this game?" Heather questions.