up the creek (8)

"Bass. Gophers. Today's challenge is a true summer camp experience." Chris explains to us as we all line up with our teams. "A canoe challenge trip. You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake to Boney Island." he says in an ominous tone as he wiggles his fingers.

"When you get there you must fortage your canoes to the othr side of teh island. Which is a two hour hike through trecherous, dense jungle."

"We gotta for-what?" Geoff asks while scratching his head.

"For-tage." Chris says making air quotes. "Dude walk with your canoe."

"Oh."

"When you arrive at the other end of the island, you'll build a rescue fire that will be judged by me. The first team to paddle home and return their canoes to the beach wull be the winner of invincibility. Move campers, move!"

We all take off running towards the water. "Oh wait, one more thing I forgot to mention. Legend has it, that if you take anything from the island. You'll be cursed forever."

"Oh yeah, a cursed island! Woo!" Owen exclaims as we all look at him with wide eyes.

"Now, get in your canoes and lets have some fun!"

We slowly walk to our canoes will looking at Owen with wide eyes.Beth soon comes running from the bathroom with toilet paper on her shoe.

***confessionals***

Cody: "Chris told us to pick a paddle partner." He makes finger guns and smirks. "It was time for me to make my move. If I could just get Gwen alone for five minutes I knew I could woo her with my manly charms."

***confessionals end****

We get to the stairs and I walk down holding onto the railing. Soon someone comes behind me and bumps me in the shoulder.

"Careful clumsy." I see Duncan smirking as he runs over to Harold and Sadie and wraps his arms around them.

"Huh?"

***confessionals***

Duncan: "What? Stuck on this show for the next eight weeks with hot girls. Might as well flirt with some of them while I'm at it." The delinquent says with a smug grin.

***confessionals end***

I turn to Gwen who watched our interaction with a shrug. She laughs and I motion towards the lake. She smiles until Cody wraps an around around her.

"What do you say Gwen, you, me and uncharted waters?" He says motioning towards the water. She takes Cody by the arm and puts him in a headlock.

"Ooh Ooh Y/n come with us!" Izzy says hitting her canoe. Leshawna looks at her crazy as she holds on for dear life.

I look at Trent who would be by next choice, but see he's being fangirled on by Lindsey and Beth. I sigh but make my way over to Izzy and Leshawna. Gwen watches and sighs.

"Fine. But I'm in charge." she says walking towards the canoe.

"That's the way I like it!" Cody says with a dumb grin.

***confessionals***

Cody: "Yes! Yes! Yes! It is so on." He sarts playing and imaginary guitar.

Gwen: "Cody? He's like an annoying little brother." She frowns and looks to the side. "A really annoying little brother."

Cody: *still playing imaginary guitar*