7. The precious watch

Not edited yet.
Do vote and comment.
________________

Author POV
Than Prarthana rubbed her hands as she felt cold but suddenly her eyes fell on her empty wrist. She had weared her grandfather's watch which was last memory for her. It got loose when Priya hold her hand.

"Meri watch, meri watch kahan gayi" she panicked as she started to search for it.

Dev looked at her, "yahin kahin hogi" he said looking here and there. They started to search everywhere near them. But didn't find it.

From searching more than ten minutes Prarthana's eyes got moist as it was her grandfather last memory as she didn't remember anything about him but this watch.

"Did I lost it" she mumbled while holding her wrist, "I shouldn't have weared it on first place" she was searching while blabbering to herself.

Devdutt can clearly predict how important the watch is from the way she searching and reacting.

"Don't get tensed, mil jayegi" Dev tried to assure her. "Nhi mili toh, it's so much important for me" she said shifting her hairs back with her both hands.

For searching one more hour they say at a bench.

"We still couldn't find it" she said while tears spilled from her eyes.

"That was my dadaji's last memory for me" she mumbled.

Prarthana was 11th grade when her grandfather passed away by heart attack. And than she had a car accident because of it all her memories with her grandfather become blurry. It's not fully vanished nither clear making her guilty.

She had very good bond with him. His death affected her, making her fully closed of. It was only his watch which made some clear memories to come back to her.

Like her daily handing him his watch, them having walk in park with hand in hand, them feeding street dogs, everything and now even she lost her favourite watch.

"I will talk with manager, they will hand it over to you if they found it, ok" he again tried to assure her. "Please tell them to find it properly" she mumbled and they walked from there to their respective rooms.

It was a match day. Prarthana woke up early and got ready, she was scrolling through her Instagram. Her Instagram feed is far away from Bollywood or cricket rumours.

She was never intrested in gossip so she never watched those videos and never got suggestions.

She looked up when she heard slight knocks on door, she walked to the door and opened it only to see Devdutt.

He looked at her and showed his hand "I think they found your watch" she quickly looked at his hand and took it with huge smile "ahh thankyou so much Dev" she said as she hugged him.

Dev was taken aback by her gesture, his heart started to thud speedly. "Thank you so much Dev, it means a lot to me" she said pulling away than suddenly she released what she did and her cheeks turned pink due to embarrassment.

"I I'm sorry" she said taking her steps back still looking down.

Before he could speak Athiya and Rahul come there.

"Putta you are early today" Rahul said as he knows it's still her time to sleep as it's still 7.

"Anna ajjan watch sik bidtu" Prarthana showed him the watch.
(Brother we found grandfather's watch)

"Watch kal kondidiya?" Rahul asked being shocked as she always made sure to keep it safely.
(Were you losted it?)

"Adu actually nenne, I don't know how but kalbidtu" she said looking down.
(That actually yesterday, I don't how but I lost it)

"It's ok, now you have found it so be careful" she nodded. Dev just stood listening to them but Athiya was looking at dumbfounded.

"Yahh speak in hindi infront of me, or else teach me kannada. I can't understand your kusur pusur" she chided with fake anger.

"Bhabhi come with I will translate you what they talked" Dev said as they two left from there.

Rahul took the watch from her hand kissed it. "Keep it safely" he patted and left.

Days passed and their bonding too got closer. As she had her grandfather memories connected with watch, another moment added to it as memory.

The day Dev handed her the watch, the hug. This moment made her heart garden garden. That day she even told the story behind the watch. How som many memories are connected to it.

Now Dev knows it she is emotionally connected to the watch, so everytime she wore it he made sure it was there in her wrist.

She weared it on every match of LSG, as blessings of her grandfather to her brother.

••••••••••••••••••••••
Here chapter 7.
Vote, comment and follow.