28. Onam and celebration

Not edited yet.
Do vote and comment.
________________

Author POV
Prarthana belled the ring of the Padikkal house, still looking back at the Pookalam which was adorned the entrance with the delicate flower petals. She waited for someone to open the door and soon after it's clicked open.

There stood Chandani, beautifully drapped in kasavu saare. Her hair were clutched in massy bun and golden jhumka dangling. She gave a warm smile to Prarthana.

"Welcome Prarthana, and you are late" she said faking her anger which again broke in little smile. "Sorry di, you know the traffic of bengluru. By the way dii you are looking soo gorgeous" Prarthana exclaimed with cheeky smile following Chandani.

"Aww thanks and you know I think you should also try wearing kasavu?"

"Huh no dii, I am fine in my kurti?" She said looking at herself in mirror. She was wearing white colour embroidery kurti with plazo pant and white dupatta which had red border with red flower embroidery with some green and blue embroidery.

 She was wearing white colour embroidery kurti with plazo pant and white dupatta which had red border with red flower embroidery with some green and blue embroidery

Chandani shoke her head, Chandani is so adamant to make Prarthana wear the kasavu as she wanted some pictures of Devdutt and Prarthana in their traditionals. Devdutt has no idea of Prarthana celebrating onam with them.

Prarthana looked around the house and saw the decoration's are not done fully yet. Her eyes searched for other family members.

"Where is Uncle and Aunty" she asked.

"Maa is busy in kitchen, papa is in his room wishing his friends and all" Chandani said. Both walked to kitchen. As they walked in they saw Dev's mother was walking here and there while preparing the dishes.

"Maa, Prarthana is here" Chandani announced to which Ambili turned swiftly with smile.

"Good morning Aunty, happy Onam" Prarthana said while walking near Ambili with her charming smile. Ambili reciprocated the smile.

Prarthana handed the bag of some sweets to her. "I didn't knew what to gift on Onam so I brought some sweets Aunty, I hope it's ok" Prarthana said with apologic smile.

"Iss ki koi jarurat bhi nhi thi beta, agar kuch nhi layo hoti toh bhi chal jata, tum toh ab humhari hi beti ho" she said while cupping Prarthana's cheek before placing the bag on kitchen island.

"Maa I wanted Prarthana to wear the kasavu, but she is refusing" Chandani said bringing up the important topic for now.

"Nhi Aunty I want wear too but I don't know if I fit in it or not naa" Prarthana said "don't worry beta you will look elegant in it, just try it" she said with warm smile.

"Are you guys sure?" "101 %" the both said at same time followed by giggles.

Prarthana walked to Chandani's room. Chandani who was already prepared the saare with matching jewelleries. "Dii umm where is Dev?" Prarthana mumbled lowly anticipating and teasing look which she actually received but she didn't minded it as she really curious to know where is Dev, he didn't showed up yet.