0. The birthday gift

• P R O L O G U E •

Author POV
Kannur Lokesh Prarthana aka Kl Prarthana is only sister of kl Rahul and apple of eyes of her parents Mr.k.Lokesh and Rajeshwari Lokesh.

She is in her last year of bachelor degree. She stays in Bangalore with her parents but now she is moving to Mumbai for her further studies or we can say for her master's.

Prarthana POV.
"I still feel so bad, I really wanted to celebrate your birthday with mumma, papa and bhabhi" I pouted as Anna (brother) still was calmly listening my whines.

"But Putta your exams are still going on right, it's ok there's always a next time. You are even coming to Mumbai for your MBA right" Anna tried to make me understand, not like I am crying but still.

(Putta is a term used for children in kannada means little one)

Mumma and papa are in Mumbai and celebrating his birthday and I am here in Bengaluru preparing for my final exams.

"Okie and once happiest birthday Anna, did you liked the gift" I asked excitedly. Anticipating a positive response.

"No I didn't liked it" he said which automatically made me sad. I should have just sent him something special, just soo dumb of me sending a ph-

"Cause I loved it" my thoughts got interrupted by Anna and big smile made it's way to my lip.

I have created a photo collage of me and anna. There was three pictures of us in childhood, three from our teenage and three from recent. It came out as a cutest photo collage I ever seen.

"Nijvaglu" I exclaimed with cheeky smile, I know he can't see me smile through phone call.
(Really)

"Nijvaglu, you know it's my favourite now" he cheerfully said.
(Really)

"Ok Anna now enjoy the party, I am going to study for the exams and yeah you were a blast in yesterday's match" I said, after exchanging some more words I hang up the call and resumed with my studies again.

In Mumbai
Everyone from MI and LSG were celebrating Rahul's birthday in his apartment. In morning all the ict players already celebrated his birthday in their style but now this party is throwed by his parents and his wife Athiya.

Everyone were enjoying the party as Rahul went inside his room.

He looked at the photo frame which his little sister had sent through his parents.

Gentle smile featured on his face as he one by one got flashback of their childhood and teenage life. She is late born practically she is 10 year's younger than Rahul. So he was so protective for her from childhood.

Athiya come inside the room and stood by door after seeing Rahul who was drowned in his own thoughts.

She walked and stood beside his and saw the frame with smile "isn't she so cute?" He said "you both are so cute, even your bond" Athiya said turning to him.

He placed the frame on the wall and they both left the room.

As they walked out, all the elders were already left from there, even his parents were left for their room only youngsters were there, playing truth and dare.

All the wives and girlfriends of the boys were seated together having their own talk and boys were playing. Athiya walked to ledies and Rahul turned where boys were seated.

"Ho gayi choti ke sa saath baatein toh humre saath bhi toda bait le" Rohit said.

Rahul nodded before taking place between Rohit and Ishan.

"Waise Bhai aapke behan kyu nhi aayi. Mein toh specially aapke behan ko meet hone ke liye aaya tha" Surya (SKY) asked.

It's been three years Prarthana stopped attending his birthday party's as in Bengaluru her college always had exams in April and before her college she always preferred to stay back in his apartment cause felt so nervous to meet his teammates.

"Her exams are going on that's why" Rahul said.

As brother as sister both were too introvert to meet new people. So Prarthana never met any of his teammates, she only met Virat when Rahul had his match with RCB last year in chinnaswamy.

Soon everyone started to leave with their partners, now only Ishan, Tilak and Devdutt were left as they were going to stay back today cause Ishan and Tilak both were already fell asleep.

Seeing them asleep on one of couch in uncomfortable position Rahul sighed. He looked at his wife who was slept on another couch in corner of the hall where the ledies were having talk. He looked at Devdutt who was still using his phone.

"Dev jaake mere room se blanket lek AA jara" he said while walking to guest room to bring extra bed from there.

Devdutt fished his phone in his pocket and nodded before walking to Rahul's room to bring blanket.

He entered and took the extra blanket which were kept on the single couch, it seemed like Rahul was already prepared for situation like this as he already took out the extra blankets.

Devdutt took the blankets and turned to leave that's when he saw the photo frame hanged on wall.

There was photos of one girl and one boy. Maybe 10 old boy hold new born baby in his arms, boy making two year child walk, boy combing hair of 5 year child 'they look so cute' than again there was picture of teenage boy and small girl he was about to look at the main picture which is on centre but sudden voice of Rahul made him turn.

"Dev~"

"Aa raha hoon"

Rahul placed the extra bed on floor and made ishan lay on it than Tilak. Devdutt come back with blanket, Rahul placed blanket on them.

"Dev tu jaake guest room mein soja"

•••••••••••••••••••••
So here I am starting new fanfiction, how was it give your reviews on it.

1 chapter will be out by evening,

Prologue posted on: 20 July 2024 at 8:49 am