38 Balcony Affairs

THE DUKE OF HANTON and lady Julia Cavendish had left, and the occupants of the room hardly seemed aware, for a lot of them were engaged in a hot argument over the extent of the scandal.

On the other hand, Lady Durford didn't care, if it was going to dissolve into a disastrous scandal. All she cared about, was the fact that another scene had quietly unfolded in her drawing-room. surely she must have hit gold. Now she was so sure that her parties would now be considered a rage.

when Sebastian had walked out with Julia in tow. Wychfort must have been in the grip of madness for he reached out to stop them, but Cole had snatched him back and put him in his place.

Cole made sure to tell him the kind of scandal he would possibly incur, unlike Sebastian who was quite plump in the pocket, Wychfort was simply under the hatches and would not survive the scandal. That piece of information sobered Wychfort and put him in his chair.

Sebastian grabbed Julia's hand, he hadn't an inkling to where he was going, all he knew was that he wanted to take Julia to a place that was quiet and secluded, a place where he could have his wicked ways with her.

Somehow, Sebastian managed to find a balcony. It was empty, and it was dark. it would do then. So he maneuvered her inside and pressed her against the wall.

"Sebastian!" She gasped out. "Surely you can't mean to do this here."

"Do what?" Sebastian moaned out and cupped her face.

Julia shivered.

"Do you know how long I had waited to do this, how long I have pictured you like this?" Sebastian asked as he slowly rubbed the pad of his thumb on her lower lips.

Julia shook her hair, the action causing some of her hair to fall out of place.

Sebastian's eyes darken. He pulled her off the wall and pressed her against his length. "God help me, Julia, but I do love you!" he growled, and his lips came down with a shudder on hers.

Julia opened her lips to his silent command and he plunged in. without even knowing it Julia's hand had winded on his hair holding him, and then Julia felt it, tiny sparks that danced on her legs.

Sebastian's hand rounded on Julia's shoulders, and slid down her back, leaving a path of molten nerve behind it.

Julia heard Sebastian's breath catch in his throat as his hand swooped down under her bottom, paused for a moment, and then squeezed. Julia moaned into his mouth and uttered incoherent speeches.

Sebastian's mouth found the base of her throat and moved down, down the hollow above her collar bone, down to the swell of her breast that peeked out above the edge of her evening gown.

"Sebastian, " she moaned.

Sebastian placed his hand on the small of her back and pressed her to his arousal, which made the two of them moan from the contact. Hers was a soft, breathless gasp, while Sebastian groaned in a strong, rough voice.

"Julia." he groaned.

somewhere in the recess of Julia's mind, she knew she had to end this now. They were still at a house party, worst at someone else's home.

Julia placed her hands on either side of Sebastian's shoulder and tried to push him away. "Sebastian!" she gasped out.

"Hmmm." he murmured and continued his ministration.

Julia clenched her eyes and asserted more force on her voice. "Sebastian! you have to stop now!"

Sebastian raised his head briefly and stared at Julia.

Seeing that she had managed to catch his attention Julia continued. "what if—" she swallowed, "what if my mother came upon us." Julia cried.

"Your mother, " Sebastian said as he slowly brought his head down. "wouldn't know where to find us."

"Oh, pooh, I wouldn't be so sure if I were you," Ophelia said as she stood before them in the balcony.

Sebastian's back stiffened, he released Julia, and to his utter surprise and embarrassment, his cheeks reddened. He scowled and stepped in front of Julia shielding her from her mother.

"Mother!" Julia shrieked from behind Sebastian and quickly righted her clothes.

"Mother!" Julia shrieked again. "what are you..." Julias words died on her lips as Ophelia raised her hand in supplication and silenced her. Julia blushed.

"Make your self presentable and step back into the house," Ophelia said in her no-nonsense voice.

Julia lowered her head and bid to her mother's decision. Before she left, she cast one last glance at Sebastian, and her mother and then disappeared into the house.

Sebastian wanted to follow her, and make sure she was alright, but it seemed his future mother-in-law had quite a different plan for him.

She grabbed the sleeves of his coat and stopped him. "I wish to talk to you," she said.

Sebastian sighed and stepped back. He likes to think that it was out of respect for her.

"yes?" he asked, Sebastian didn't bother to make a bow since the situation didn't call for it.

But Ophelia, being Ophelia still held out her hand and he had no choice than to take it and kiss it. Then he stepped back to his original position and waited.

looking at lady Ophelia Cavendish was like seeing how his Julia would be like in perhaps twenty-seven, or twenty-eight years time. Sebastian had to admit, despite Ophelia gaining in on age, she would still be considered a very beautiful woman.

Ophelia leaned forward and then did something that quite surprised Sebastian. She smacked him on his arm with her hand fan!

Sebastian staggered back and stared at her with shock. Ophelia grinned and said something even more shocking than her action a minute ago. "What took you so long. I had thought this proposal would come when Julia was one and eight, or perhaps one and nine, but two and zero, heh. What were you thinking?"

"You made me force her to meet all those gentlemen, " Ophelia continued. "Ah, I even made her a list with your name on it, and the draft girl refused. Ha, ungrateful girl, I was trying to place her somewhere higher and she refused to see sense."

Somewhere along the line, Sebastian didn't know when or how, but he had started to smile and eventually it spread into a lopsided grin.