18. Control

ALL SENSIBLE THOUGHTS had vanished from Sebastian's mind. He wanted to go in there, grab Wychford by his cravat, then proceed to darken his daylight. The nerve of the man!

Sebastian moved as he thought. He hadn't even realized it. He was already halfway to the door that leads to the ballroom, cursing as he moved, mentally prepared to trounce Wychford before he felt Julia's hand on his arm. He stopped and stared down at her.

This was all her fault. If she hadn't been hellbent on playing the role of seductress, Wychford wouldn't even have thought to attempt such an outrageous offer. Even now she looked like a seductress without even trying hard. Something that most women had tried to master but failed.

Her gown didn't even begin to do justice to her beauty. He had always known she was a great beauty. Deep down he had always known even though he tried as much as possible not to think about it.

Sebastian felt Julia tug his arm again and stopped. That was when he heard what she had been saying.

"You can't mean to go in there? Julia said in a hushed whisper. Why ever not Sebastian thought. Why was she even speaking in a hushed whisper, he turned and realized they were seven steps away from the door. Somehow, along the line, he must have continued walking. If not how else could he have gotten there?

Julia was dragging him away from the door, he chuckled, marveling at how her small frame managed to drag him along. He followed, quiet behind her.

If anyone should find them here alone she would be totally ruined. Now Julia was trying to hide him behind one of the flowers, which was just so ridiculous because he towered above the said flower, but Julia didn't care, satisfied that she had finally managed to tuck him away, she proceeded to scold him.

"Now listen here, I didn't tell you what Wakefield said just so that you could go back inside and cause a commotion. I could have been ruined! Did you hear me I could have been ruined! But you didn't even think of that. And I am perfectly capable of taking care of my affairs, somehow you keep thinking that I am not capable or worst that I can't even handle it! I would like you to know now your grace," she spat out. "I am quite capable and your help is no longer required."

God! Julia had just managed to render him speechless. He couldn't even recall the last time he had been scolded properly. It felt good. The last person to have scolded him was his mother, his sister was too gentle to even think to attempt such a thing. Whereas Cole, Cole would just bestow him with a disproving frown until he felt guilty.

But here he was being scolded by a woman that was half his size. How ludicrous. Sebastian laughed. Julia frowned at him, somehow she strikes him as the type that didn't like being laughed at, that thought alone made him laugh more.

Now their situation has been reversed, she was now the one pacing back and forth, her chest heaving with every movement, her breast threatening to spill from her dress with every deep breath she took.

He was no longer laughing, he stood there trying his best not to look at her, his hands clenched at his sides, as he concentrated on breathing, but it was so hard, she would walk forward pacing, her beautiful breast offered to him begging to be freed, then she would turn, offering him with her delectable derriere.

Control he reminded himself, control, he chanted in his mind. He won't give in.

What was it about Julia that made his blood boil just by being in the same vicinity as her. He had always been a sensual man, he had always liked women but these were different, he wanted her in an entirely different way, he knew he shouldn't have her, but it was all he thought about lately, he wanted to have her horizontal in his bed-chamber, hell! He even wanted to have her on the desk in his study, he had always pictured her that way, her beautiful red hair spilled all over his desk as he has his wicked way with her.

Sebastian was grinding his teeth tight, the muscle in his jaw ticking as he slowly breathed in the air into his body, Julia was standing in front of him. She had stopped pacing, by Jove! The view from up close was even better, he could very well see the curve of her breast, and if he should incline his head a bit, he was sure he would be rewarded with a much better view.

Even the creaminess of her breast, he could see it well too. He reached out a hand as If to touch her and then snatched it back to his side. Julia reached out and touch his arm and he felt himself stiffen.

"Are you quite alright, you have lost all color, are you coming down with anything?" she asked, concern evident in her big blue eyes.

She was worried about him. Sebastian gave out a harsh bitter laugh, here he was dying of sexual frustration and all these while she thought he was coming down with something. Hell! he could even feel the painful force of his arousal beneath his breeches.

Sebastian watched Julia watch him, her face softening, she searched his face and when her eyes locked with his she gasped and trembled.

Sebastian felt his control crack. He was hanging on a very loose thread now. He clenched his teeth fiercely and stared at her, she stared back, her mouth opening and closing like a fish, if he hadn't been in pain from the force of his arousal he might have laughed, what with the way her mouth was opening and closing.

Then Julia licked her lips, her eyes wide as she glanced down at him, her eyes hovering on his arousal. She gasped. He fisted his hands by his side as he felt his arousal continuously increase tenfold. Then she stared and stared she didn't even pretend not to look, she stared once more and licked her lips eyeing him hungrily.