DISCLAIMER 2

Dear readers,

If you have made it this far, congratulations!

This is the end of Blossoms of the Dark. Nearly three years and 233 chapters later, the story is finally over. I started writing this story because the manga addressed the corruption of hero society, an aspect I found very intriguing. And so I decided to delve more into that aspect, going into the much darker possibilities than a YA story was permitted to tell. That, plus the increasing romanticization of sexual assault and rape in modern day literature and politics, compelled me to write a fanfiction denouncing that approach.

Proper disability representation is very sparse in fiction, let alone SA trauma survivors. I chose to adopt an intersectionality approach, combining two very defining factors into one person's personality. But I wanted to give Selene more depth. I wanted to give Shouto more depth. Romance is not the main focus of BNHA, but Shouto always gave me the impression that if he were to meet someone who had been similarly abused like him, out of all the heroes, he would be the one most actively trying to help that person. You can argue that this is the case with his approach to Touya. That is why I selected him as the male lead.

Admittedly, my writing during the first chapters was not so great. It was my first time getting involved in writing long stories. But I think I have come a far way since then. Sometimes, I will reread chapters I have written, observing how much my style has changed from start to finish.

That being said, you might be curious about what I plan to do from here. I mean, I introduced so many plot twists in the final fifteen chapters, there is no way I can end Selene and Shouto's story just like that, right? There are so many plot points to address. So many secrets to be uncovered. Correct?

All of which is true.

I have a sequel planned for Blossoms of the Dark, which will detail the protagonists' lives being apart from each other, how they will reunite, and what will happen afterward. However, I am not going to begin working on it just yet. I have a commission to complete, so that will be my priority for the next few months.

I have the general plot of the sequel prepared, so rest assured, I am not abandoning this series. Just a hiatus.

In the meantime, feel free to comment or ask questions about my story, original characters, world-building, writing process, etc. But please note that I won't answer any personal questions about myself, such as actual name, age, gender, religion, address, etc.

Thank you reading Blossoms of the Dark