Chapter 6

Timeskip
(Sunday)

Heeseung's pov

Jiyoon had texted the group chat last night inviting the five of us out to go to an amusement park. Everyone was excited for it, but me? Not so much, but I had no excuse.

I was barely awake, pulling a shirt over myself. I promised all of them that I would pick them up, so I quickly sprayed some cologne on before leaving my room

"I'm borrowing the car for today"
I told my mom sitting on the couch.

"Sure, be safe okay?"
She said and I nodded.

I left the house and hopped into the car, texting Jiyoon that I'm stopping over at her house first.

30 mins later

The last boy got into the backseat, and we were officially headed to the amusement park. They all suggested we put on some songs to sing along to while we drove there.

Jay chose the first song, and immediate groans were heard in the car. He started to sing along to classic music from the 80s. Jungwon in the backseat took out his phone and started filming Jay.

The moment Jay realised he was being recorded, he covered the lenses and tried to snatch away Jungwon's phone to delete it. Jungwon was fast to retrieve it back before that could happen.

"Jungwon, if you post or share that to anyone...I will throw a fist at you"
Jay warned the cute one.

"Yeah yeah"
Jungwon stuck his tongue out.

The song finally switched, and I just focused on driving while the other four had a blast with the music alone. I saved my energy for the insane rides awaiting us instead.

After some time of driving, we could start to see the tallest roller coaster ride from our car.

"I bet none of you would dare to go up that ride with me"
Sohyun said, looking out the window.

"Absolutely not. That's terrifying. I'll just watch you from below"
Jiyoon replied to her.

"Loser!"
Sohyun joked.

"I'm up for the ride"
Jungwon chimed into the conversation.

"Nice!"
Sohyun exclaimed enthusiastically.

Hearing that, I purposely jerked the car forward as I was parking it resulting in everyone being startled.

"Chill, we're not in a rush"
Jay beside me was holding onto the door.

I didn't say anything, and finally parked the car. We all headed to the ride Jungwon and Sohyun were taking. The two went into the queue while Jay and Jiyoon stayed with me downstairs to wait.

I stared at Jungwon, suddenly patting Sohyun's head and smiling at her. Sohyun playfully pushed his hand away, but the huge smile on her face was too noticeable to hide. It was no secret that she was falling hard for him.

I knew it wasn't right to disturb Sohyun while she's trying to make progress with the guy she likes, but something is stopping me from leting that happen.

I had no idea whether she had forgiven me for that day, but I still hoped that she wouldn't hold a grudge against me.

Sohyun looked tough and independent on the outside, but I've been over at her house too often not to notice the soft sobbing when I pass by her room to go to Jay's. Her heart is soft and fragile, unlike how she portrays herself to the world.

Knowing how soft her heart actually was, I wanted to apologise before her dislike turns into hate.

"Hee, won't you wake up?! You've been staring at that baby so long, it's crying right now"
Jiyoon hit my arm.