Chapter 12 (Part 1)

Timeskip
(A month later)

Sohyun's pov

Much has changed this month between Heeseung and I. We had been closer than ever before. Even Jiyoon was confused about the change since we were originally very distant.

Heeseung was always making sure I never got myself hurt, checking up on me and ensuring that I was comfortable around him. Lately, I do feel like he's getting a bit more touchy than usual. He secretly holds my hand whenever he gets the opportunity and oftenly hugs me.

I knew he liked me, but I chose not to think much of it at first. Jiyoon on the other hand had been bugging me to give him a chance as a way to get over Jungwon. However, I was cautious not to follow her words especially after what happened between Jungwon and I.

It was a horrible feeling to be rejected, and I didn't want my mixed feelings to stand in the way of an actual relationship with Heeseung at that time. I wanted to pursue someone only when I was completely ready.

Jungwon had left the friend group a long time ago, sticking around Naeun as usual. It felt a little empty without him around, but I couldn't risk my secret getting out. My feelings for him are pretty much gone now.

Jay had confronted me about it, and he told me that Jungwon was never a good option to begin with. Although they're friends, Jungwon apparently had his fair share of bad traits. Jay added on, saying that he thought Heeseung was actually much sweeter than Jungwon was.

I knew what he meant, and that's one of the biggest reasons why they're friendship had been going on for years. I just never opened myself to him.

Over the past few weeks, I found myself falling for his affectionate acts towards me. Before I knew it, I was growing feelings for Heeseung.

I just got home from school, kicking off my shoes. When I entered my room, I was pleasantly surprised. There was a giant teddy bear sitting on my bed.

I immediately dropped my bag and went towards it. I grabbed it, giving it a tight hug. It was more than half my height.

“You're the cutest thing ever”
I commented, referring to the bear.

A few moments later, I felt someone's arms snake around my waist. I looked behind me to be greeted by Heeseung. I didn't know he came over, his class must've ended earlier.

“Did you get me this??”
I asked.

“Who else would?”
He smiled cheekily.

“Tch, thanks”
I held the soft toy closer to me.

He let go of me, and I sat on the bed.

“Why did you buy this for me anyway? It's not like there's any special occasion”
I told him.

“Why not? Now you'll have something that reminds you of me”
He chuckled while I rolled my eyes.

“I'm joking. I just didn't want you to be lonely at night, so I got a giant teddy bear I saw at the store. Anyway, you should wash up, I'll be downstairs if you need me”
He explained, then left to go to the living room.

Jay came in a few moments after, looking like he was searching for something from me, but was then distracted by the huge soft toy I was holding. He came closer, inspecting it.

“Well I didn't know you'd be into these kinds of things. The last time I saw you with a plushie was almost eight years ago”
Jay remarked.

“Heeseung got it for me as a surprise”
I responded, making him scoff.

“Wow, he's madly in love. I said he's sweet, but not like this. I never knew he had it in him to give someone this huge of a teddy bear. You're special to him”
Jay said.

“He doesn't even like me that way, come on”
I lied.

I haven't told Jay that Heeseung confessed to me long ago, knowing that if I did, we'll get teased every single day. I'm lucky that he doesn't notice how Heeseung has been showing all those small acts of intimacy.

“I just never seen him do such a thing before. Are you the reason he hasn't been playing games with me ever since..I mean like three weeks ago?”
He thought of it.

“What, no? I don't care what he does, I just thought he was busy studying. Exams are coming”
I replied confusedly.

“Whatever, I just needed to borrow your chemistry textbook. Left mine in class”
He scratched his nape.

I lent him the textbook, and he thanked me before he left the room. I played with the teddy bear for a while longer before deciding to shower. I then discovered a piece of paper attached to the bow it wore, taking it out. It was a note from Heeseung again.

Note: I hope you like the gift. But don't forget that I'm more comfortable to hug >:(

I laughed at the note, wondering how he managed to find a way to get jealous over a stuffed toy that he bought for me. He isn't wrong though.

Heeseung was much more comfortable and warm to hug.