Chapter 7 (Part 2)

Timeskip
(Nurse's office)

Heeseung's pov

I pulled Sohyun's arm around my neck again, forcing her legs to hook around my waist as I brought her out of the room.

"How are you even going to get me home? The bus is going to be packed at this hour, idiot"
The girl complained.

I exited the school without a word, then informed the security guard nearby that Sohyun was hurt and had to go home. He allowed us to leave and I started to walk towards my mom's car. I took the keys out of my pocket, unlocking it.

"Who said I'm taking you home by bus?"
I opened the back door and sat her down.

"What about my bag?"
She asked.

"I'll ask Jay to bring it home later. You need to rest"
I advised, getting into the driver's seat.

20 minutes later

Sohyun passed me the keys to her house and I opened it, taking her to her room. I finally laid her down on the bed.

"Do you need anything else before I leave? I don't want you moving around too much"
I turned to face her.

"No, why are you in a rush?"
She asked, wondering why I was already about to leave when school was going to end.

"I promised Jay to go to the arcade. I need to be back there so we can go together. I didn't drive the car to school for no reason"
I explained.

"Gross"
Sohyun murmured, making me frown in confusion.

"What's gross?"
I asked.

"Jungwon is joining you all and dragged Naeun if you didn't know. The b*tch acts like a leech around Jungwon"
She replied, visibly annoyed.

"Soo you don't want me to go?"
I sat down beside her, smirking.

"Why that look?"
She shifted to give me some space.

"I'll stay if you want me to. Ditch them just this once"
I leaned my weight against my arm.

"Up to you, I'm not stopping you from going anyway"
She shrugged.

Then, an idea came to my head.

"You sure? Then you're coming with me"
I scooped her up into my arms, bringing her downstairs again.

"What?! Heeseung, where are you taking me?"
She probably thought I was going crazy.

I brought her to the living room, and put her down on the couch. While switching on the tv, I passed Sohyun a game controller which seemed to make her understand my intentions. I settled down next to her and put on the game the guys and I usually play.

"I'm sure Jay wouldn't mind his sister using his account for a bit. You know how to play right?"
I chose a practice game mode.

"I guess"
She replied.

"Jay is going to hate you if you break his winning streak. Better not lose to me, hm?"
I challenged her.

"Oh, you're on"
She sounded provoked by my words now.

I let Sohyun practise against me, just so she doesn't break Jay's streak immediately. I doubt she's good at this. Just two minutes into the game, and I had already knocked down all her towers. She's definitely not beating me today.

"Jay's towers are great, you just suck at this"
I commented.

"Shut up, it's been so long. I'm rusty"
Sohyun said before the next round started.

I gave her the benefit of doubt and continued playing practice rounds with her until she at least won thrice against me. After the last game she managed to defeat all my towers, I suggested for us to move to the real game.

"Let's see how good you actually are"
I grinned as the game began.

The round was full of us blurting out curses and the aggressive sounds of us almost destroying the controllers. I didn't think I'd break a sweat, but the game was just so heated with us having a single tower left, health so low too.

Somehow, Sohyun managed to strike the final attack and I lost. I threw my head back onto the couch defeatedly while Sohyun did the same, but smiling.

"You wanted to see how good I am? Look at me now"
She said, much arrogance in her voice.

"You won by pure luck, Sohyun. I'll win you next game"
I fixed my position, ready to start the next one.

That's how our afternoon was spent, me tirelessly trying to win against her in the game with full determination. That clearly didn't go as planned because three hours later, I was so worn out from losing every single time. Even I had to admit she's the better Park. (Sorry Jay)

"How the hell..."
I trailed off, seeing the screen displaying 'Defeat' on my side of the screen.

"Ugh, just give up. I'm so tired"
Sohyun said, sinking into the couch.

Since she was so tired, I just let my pride be torn and agreed to stop as well. I switched off the tv and put back the controllers in their original place before sitting back down next to Sohyun who already had her eyes closed.

I grabbed my phone and saw many missed calls and texts from both the guys I initially made plans with. I felt bad, but couldn't bother. Jay already said he's on the way home with Sohyun's bag and some food, bringing Jungwon along for dinner.

As I was scrolling up the previous messages Jay had left, I felt something against my shoulder. Sohyun was resting her head on my shoulder. I didn't want her neck to hurt sleeping like this. Just when I was about to pick her up, she spoke.

"Don't move"
She adjusted herself so that she can comfortably rest against me again.

Not wanting to agitate her further, I let her sleep while I scrolled on my phone for the rest of the time.

Timeskip
(An hour later)

I was woken up from my slumber when I heard some shuffling coming from the front door.

"We're home"
A familiar voice announced.

I blinked awake and saw Jay entering the house with Jungwon following behind.

"Here's her bag-"
Jay said loudly, but paused when he saw Sohyun still cuddled up to me, asleep.

Jay side eyed Jungwon and laughed quietly at the sight he never thought he'd see in a million years. My eyes were still half open, but I put a finger to my lips, signalling for him to be quiet.

"Holy sh*t I need a pic of this"
Jay whispered loud enough for me to hear.

He fished out his phone and snapped a picture of the two of us, probably saving it to tease Sohyun about it. Jungwon on the other hand looked unimpressed, he wasn't particularly reactive about it.

"What time is it?"
The sleepy voice asked, still unaware of the guests that just came in.

"It's time for dinner my dear sister"
Jay walked closer to us when he noticed Sohyun was awake.

"Jay?!"
She whipped her head in the direction of the voice, becoming wide eyed.

Sohyun suddenly pushed herself away from me after seeing Jay and her little crush at the back.

"Getting comfortable with Hee when I'm not around? Look how adorable"
Jay pulled out the picture he had just taken of us.

"What the f*ck. What's wrong with you?"
She attempted to stand up but fell right back into the couch because of the pain in her leg.

"I think it's better if you don't talk so much with that injury"
Jay chuckled, proceeding to go to the kitchen.

Sohyun whined, annoyed by her brother.

"Let's just go eat"
I told her.

This time, I tried to let her walk with an arm around my shoulder as we went to the dining table. She managed to do it and sat down while I took food for her.

Spending time with Sohyun was fun, even if it meant her having an injured leg.