Chapter 12 (Part 2)

Timeskip
(10pm)

Sohyun's pov

It was late, but I had to complete my work before I went to sleep. I knitted my eyebrows together, frustrated because I couldn't understand the math question I was solving. My eyes then landed on Heeseung who was sitting on the chair.

He finally agreed to play a few rounds with Jay, and asked if he could use my PC for a while. Jay was in the other room, and his screaming did nothing but distract me from understanding my work.

He was about to start another round, but I quickly stood up and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned, raising his eyebrows at me while I pointed at the worksheet in my hands. Heeseung gestured for me to wait, and so I did. The game seemed to go on for quite a while though.

 The game seemed to go on for quite a while though

[Not my picture, for reference]

If I'm really that special then he wouldn't be mad if I just..

"Help me out and you can continue"
I shifted one side of his headset, whispering to him.

I then saw him mute his mic for a moment.

"Hold on. A while longer, angel"
He nodded at me before resuming his game like that nickname wasn't new to me.

I stared at him, unable to comprehend the words that came out his mouth. Heeseung noticed this and pushed his chair back, pulling me down to sit on his lap.

"They're hiding in the top left, careful"
He told Jay through his headset.

"I can wait, you know?"
I told Heeseung softly.

I can't imagine what Jay would say if he saw us like this. Heeseung ignored me, and focused on the final minutes of the game, so I ended up watching them play. At last, they won and I could finally get Heeseung's help.

"I'm tired, play with you some time else"
Heeseung said to Jay, not letting him reply before switching off the game and taking out his headset.

"Sorry for making you wait, how can I help?"
He brought his attention to me.

"So um, could you explain what this is supposed to mean?"
I asked awkwardly while showing him the question.

"Oh this is simple"
Heeseung said.

He started explaining the question, proceeding to tell me the steps I should take as well. I was writing it out when I suddenly felt his hand slip into my bare one, his being awfully bigger compared to mine. He traced small shapes on my hand while I ended up losing focus here and there.

"Okay, thanks"
I pulled my hand away and got off his lap, going straight back to my bed.

The room became silent, causing me to make eye contact with Heeseung.

"What are you staring at?"
I asked.

"Can't I stare at something beautiful?"
Heeseung teased.

"What, no. Go and continue playing with Jay. I get the question now"
I made up some excuse.

"I only hung up because I wanted to have some time with you. And I'm sure you need more help than that"
He then walked towards me, sitting on the bed.

"No I don't, Hee"
I squinted my eyes at him.

"If you insist. Don't mind me then, just do your work"
He said, and I reluctantly agreed.

Finishing up the worksheet suddenly became a challenge for me because of Heeseung who was distracting me in multiple ways. One second he was braiding my hair, and the next he was taking random pictures of me.

He didn't stop there because he then decided to lock his arms around me, making me lose my train of thought every few seconds. He was persistent in trying to get my attention, but I didn't want to give in to him. I needed to finish this by tonight.

"Are you almost done? That worksheet is pretty easy, you know"
Heeseung asked, his cheek pressed against my back.

"Okay genius, I'm not as smart as you. I have two questions left, but could you please just let go for a while?"
I removed his hands from me.

"Fine"
He moved away.

I was finally able to focus, and finish up the last few equations before packing everything into my bag. When I returned back to bed, I came to face with a sleeping Heeseung. Guess I took too long.

"Get up. You can't sleep here, Heeseung"
I shook his arm.

"Stop complaining, and lay down would you? Just for a while"
He held my wrist, opening his eyes slightly.

"Fine"
I climbed into bed next to him, not wanting to argue.

"I'll leave when you're asleep, unless you'd like me to stay"
He instantly pulled me closer.

I sighed, looking at the smirk that formed on his face. He adjusted the sheets to cover me. It was quiet for a while, but something came to my head.

I wanted to see what Heeseung would do if I offered him my hand randomly. As expected, he looked at me, unsure of my intentions. But to my surprise, he rested his chin on my fingers and then left a kiss on my palm.

"Was that what you wanted?"
He asked, his tone turning sly.

"Gosh, you're weird Hee"
I retracted my hand and folded my arms.

"Weird? Yeah, you make me feel weird things, Sohyun. When have I ever had a normal encounter with you?"
He chuckled softly.

"Never, you're so confusing"
I replied shortly.

"Confusing how?"
He laid his head back down.

"Now since when are friends this touchy and clingy with each other?"
I asked.

"If all this makes you uncomfortable, I'll stop. I don't want you to be confused by my actions. I don't just want you to see me as a friend, Sohyun, I want you to see me as a man. And I...want to treat you like how you were always meant to be treated, with love and care"
He explained, his eyes telling me that he's genuine about it.

"You would do that despite knowing all my flaws?"
I told him, feeling anxious.

"No matter how imperfect your flaws are, you will always be perfect to me. As long as your Park Sohyun. I know I could be good to you, if you let me. And I'm sure you know it too"
He replied with newfound confidence.

So sweet, yet, still so cocky.

"You and your words"
I pursed my lips.

Heeseung laughed as he watched me avert my gaze away from him.

"Let me court you, hm? We could always take it slow"
He told me.

"Alright, but do you think Jay would approve of it? I don't know how much he trusts you with me"
I replied.

"He gave me permission to date you, Sohyun. I've asked him before. Heck, he said he'd love it even more to have me as a brother in law"
He shook his head.

"What?! You two talked about this?"
I exclaimed in disbelief.

Heeseung just shrugged, making me elbow him in the chest. He groaned while I turned away from the guy, closing my eyes. I didn't know Jay already knew of the two of us getting close. I've been secretive for nothing.

"Hey, so am I allowed to court you?"
He was still waiting for my answer.

"Yes"
My tone, so done with him.

"Thank you for giving me a chance"
He snuggled closer to me.

As if I could say no after everything you've done for me.