Chapter 18

Timeskip
(Thursday)

Sohyun's pov

I took the ice cream from the cashier before making my way out of the convenience store. Heeseung immediately went home after school when his mom called, so I decided to treat myself to some ice cream.

I was enjoying my ice cream as I walked home until someone yanked my arm. I stumbled backwards, dropping my ice cream immediately.

"Excuse me! Oh.."
A wave of fear washed over me as I looked at the person.

"What? Lost for words?"
She scoffed.

These were the very few moments I wished I had superpowers to just disappear. Naeun was still gripping onto my arm tightly as she glared at me.

The next moment, she grabbed my shoulders and shoved me to the wall roughly. I grunted at the pain.

"Stubborn, aren't you? You thought you were safe after Jungwon broke up with me? You're the f*cking reason why he left me!"
Naeun shouted.

"W-what?"
Fright and confusion was all I felt.

"You're an actual sl*t. You have Heeseung, and yet you still want Jungwon? One selfish piece of sh*t you are"
She grabbed me by the collar.

"What are you talking about? I don't see Jungwon that way anymore! He can make his own decisions, and you're not respecting-"
I earned a tight slap before I could even finish my sentence.

I could still feel the stinging pain.

"Liar, you told him to break up with me, didn't you?"
She pushed me back against the wall again.

"No! I didn't say a word to him at all when you two were dating"
My efforts to defend myself were futile, only driving Naeun angrier.

"You're a horrible liar, stay away from Jungwon. Don't meddle with our relationship anymo-"
She removed her grip from me.

"Naeun! Stop it"
A familiar voice shouted.

We both looked at the person, and I was relieved to see Jungwon.

"What are you doing? Leave her alone"
Jungwon stood in between Naeun and I.

"Wonnie, I was just telling her about the assignment due tomorrow"
Naeun's voice changed instantly.

"Leave"
Jungwon told her.

"But I was-"
Jungwon had enough of her.

"I don't want to hear it. I said leave"
He pointed away from us.

Naeun didn't fight back and hurried away in embarrassment. I put a hand over my chest, sighing in relief.

"Are you badly hurt? What happened?"
Jungwon turned around, scanning my face in concern.

"She slapped me, but it's nothing serious, don't worry. It'll be fine"
I replied.

"I'm so sorry about her. You don't deserve this"
He apologised.

"It's not your fault, Jungwon. That's just how she behaves"
I told him, and he still had a sorrowful look on his face.

He insisted on taking me home, so we walked back to my house nearby. We entered, and Jungwon ran straight to my fridge as I followed behind him confusedly.

He took out a cold bottle of water and then lightly pressed it against my reddened cheek. A prominent dimple appeared on his face, as he held it there which made me crack into a smile.

"I can hold it, thank you"
I held the bottle, as he let go.

We both then sat down at the dining table.