Chapter 7 (Part 1)

Timeskip
(A week later)

Sohyun's pov

“Who could tell me what happened in the 1950s?”
The teacher asked.

I had my elbow propped up on the table with my hand supporting my head. I found it hard to focus in class, considering what happened previously with Heeseung. I didn't know why it was constantly replaying in my head.

It was such a brief moment of him patting my head, but it made me feel so different. Much more different compared to when Jungwon did it to me that day.

Heeseung's small act made my stomach flip, and it felt so, so wrong. That shouldn't have made me feel flustered at all, especially when I don't even like him. Yet, my body still reacted that way.

I haven't gotten the courage to tell Jiyoon about it because it was already weird enough for me to admit that Heeseung was the guy who made me feel butterflies first when it should've been Jungwon. I had never been more puzzled in my life this past week.

“Get into groups of four please, you will need to work on a group project together. It's graded, so choose wisely before sitting in your groups”
My teacher announced.

I immediately made eye contact with Jay. He approached my desk.

“Jungwon will definitely drag Naeun in. You mind?”
He asked, looking in their direction.

“No, it'll work”
I said, sounding unconfident in my answer.

As expected, Jungwon brought along the new girl to sit with us. We were given our assignment which was to create slides on the events that took place in the 1950s. It should be easy enough.

“Let's organise how we want to do the slides and split the workload”
Jungwon took out his pencil case.

“We'll do the introduction, main content, summary and a slide for our learning points?”
Jay suggested.

I saw that Jungwon didn't have a paper to write on, but neither did I. I excused myself from the table and went to another classmate to get some paper for us.

“Do you need-”
I was about to pass the paper to Jungwon when I realised Naeun was already passing one to him.

Jungwon took the piece of paper from Naeun, and then realised I was holding another one.

“Oh that was for me??”
Jungwon was surprised.

“Yea…its fine, nevermind”
I said, embarrassed now.

“I didn't know, thank you but you can keep it”
Jungwon replied.

I sat back down and Jungwon started to write down Jay's idea. Afterwards, we assigned some work to everyone so we could get it done efficiently.

“You and I should work on the content. I'm pretty good at this chapter”
Naeun nudged Jungwon.

“Great, then Sohyun you'll do the intro? Jay will do the summary once everything is in place. We'll write our individual learning points after we're completed”
Jungwon assigned the work easily.

Naeun had a proud look on her face for some reason. It was clear that she also has a thing for Jungwon. She wasn't even trying to hide it.

I shook it off and took out my laptop to make a new slides. I shared it with all of them, and I immediately got started on the intro, not wanting to waste any time. The rest were either still brainstorming or decorating the slides.

“Do you want to go to the arcade with me and Hee later?”
Jay met eyes with Jungwon.

“Sound fun, sure”
He replied.