Chapter 5 ~ first date ~

The drive to the mall didn't take long at all and after finding a parking spot Raz climbed out and walked around the truck to open the passenger door for Pon.

"thank you" Pon said after climbing out.

"where should we go first?" Raz asked.

"I don't know, I can't remember if I've ever been here before?" Pon said.

"I know where we can go first" Raz said before leading him to a large store that only sold branded products.

Raz held the door open while Pon walked inside and they both wandered around checking out the merchandise until Raz picked up a shirt and held it against Pon, 

"this would look great on you, why don't you try it on?" he suggested.

"ok" Pon said taking the shirt and walking towards the changing rooms with Raz following behind but then he absently looked at the price tag and stopped dead in his tracks.

"what's the matter baby?" Raz said.

"can we go somewhere else?" Pon asked.

"but I thought you were going to try the shirt on?" Raz asked him.

"have you seen how much it is? I'm not paying that! I might have a bad memory but I'm not stupid" Pon exclaimed.

"but I was going to buy it for you" Raz replied.

"I can't let you do that" Pon said.

"but that's why we came today, so I could buy you some new clothes" Raz said.

"I know that I needed some new clothes but I don't think I would have agreed to someone else paying for them for me" Pon replied.

"I'm not someone else though baby, I'm your boyfriend" Raz said.

"I know but still ..." Pon said.

"ok come on then, let's find another store" Raz said placing the overpriced shirt back on the shelf.

They walked around the mall hand in hand until Pon noticed a thrift store tucked away in a corner,

"let's go in there" Pon said and pulled Raz behind him as he rushed across to the store.

"baby, you don't need to buy second hand clothes, I understand that you don't want expensive items but at least by new" Raz said.

"this is new to me" Pon beamed.

Raz shook his head, this shopping trip was not going how he had imagined it, he wanted to treat Pon but his stubborn mate kept saying no.

He managed to find two pairs of jeans and a couple of tee shirts that still looked like new then he found a couple of over shirts before beginning to look at shoes.

"no baby" Raz said.

"what do you mean no?"Pon replied.

"I mean no, a few work clothes is one thing but you should have your feet measured properly and wear proper fitting shoes"

"but ..." Pon began

"no buts baby enough is enough, pay for those items and I'm treating you to some footwear and an outfit for best" Raz declared.

"but ..."

"baby, do as I tell you" he growled low allowing his alpha traits to appear.

"ok" Pon began sulking, even as a human, Pon felt slightly intimidated by his boyfriends commanding tone.

"come on baby, don't be like that, I'm only trying to take care of you"

"I know but ..." Pon said

"baby, there are some things you just can't cut corners on" Raz said then waited while Pon paid for his 'new' work clothes then Raz directed them to a shoe store and insisted on him getting his feet measured then he encouraged Pon to choose a pair of sturdy work boots, a pair of smart loafers and some sneakers.