Chapter 17 ~ wolf in training ~

The following days were spent training hard and Raz wouldn't leave Pon's side, on the odd occasion where he had something serious to attend to in the office he would assign someone to watch over Pon to make sure he didn't abscond again.

Raz also made sure that Pon ate healthily and that his wolf kept interacting with Pipon's wolf. The wolf was becoming braver every day and even Pon had mentioned that he was  hearing things inside his head.

Raz told him that Pipon's wolf was probably trying to communicate with him and to respond in his head.

"be kind and gentle with him, imagine he's a stray dog that you're trying to get to trust you" Raz said.

"when should I try talking to him?" Pon asked him.

"whenever you like, ask him if he wants to go for a run sometime?" Raz said.

"ok, I'll ask him now" Pon said then closed his eyes to concentrate before opening them again,

"stop watching me, I can't concentrate if you're watching me" 

Raz laughed and averted his gaze before Pon closed his eyes again.

"errr hi there wolf ... I'm Pon" he felt so silly.

" ... "

"it's ok if you don't want to talk, I just ..."

"h ... hi"

"is that you? hey" Pon said in his head then grinned and Raz who had sneakily looked back at him smiled knowingly.

"what's your name, what should I call you?" Pon asked the wolf.

"Timi, short for wâpatim meaning white dog"

"hi Timi, it's a pleasure to meet you, do you want to go for a run some time?" Pon asked the wolf in his head.

"can I ... it's been so long" the wolf replied.

"when would you like to go?"

"soon"

"ok, I'll ask our mate" Pon said

"our mate" Timi replied then went silent.

Pon opened his eyes to see Raz turn his head quickly, the jerk had been watching him.

"is everything ok?" Raz asked him.

"I can't believe it Raz, I like ... really spoke to him, he sounds so cute and his name is Timi, how frickin' cute is that"

"that's awesome did you ask him about going for a run?"

"I did and he said he would love to and I asked him when and he said soon so I told him I would ask you about it" Pon said.

"did he say anything about Pipon?" Raz asked.

"no"

"can you sense another person in your head?" Raz asked him.

"no"

"well, I guess we better get you practising so that you can shift and Timi can go for that run with my wolf.

"what's your wolf's name, I didn't know they had names"

"Dan, short but sweet" Raz smiled.

"wow, I'll have to ask Jensen what his wolf is called, hey, we could all go for a run, that would be cool" Pon said getting excited.

"one step at a time baby, you need to master the art of shifting first and controlling your wolf, he might be shy and timid right now but when you're in his body he will have the upper hand and he won't want to relinquish control so easily" Raz said.