Between Us

Kei POV

I shut my room door and pulled my suitcase down the hall to the elevator. I pressed the down button and waited. Once it arrived I stepped on being careful of the other people on it and we all went down to the lobby. Once the elevator stopped I got off and went to return my key card at the front desk. 

"Hello, May I help you" The man at the reception desk said looking up from his computer. I placed my card on the desk and walked outside where the rest of the students were waiting. I found my bus and gave my luggage to the bus driver to put under the bus. We still had a half and hour before we had to board the bus so I decided to get a juice from the cafe. 

"Hey Karuizawa wait up" a voice shouted after me. I looked back and saw Sakanagji walking behind me. I stopped walking to let her catch up to me before we started walking side by side. 

"Did you enjoy this little school trip despite the little troubles here and there" she asked. 

"I did... do you happen to know what happened to Yaumachi" I asked opening the door to the cafe.

"No idea but something did happen to Kanzaki" She said taking a seat right next to me. I raised my eyes curious about her statement. 

"Kanzaki apparently tried to take the fall for Yaumachi but the teachers decided that wasn't fair and were left with a choice, either to expel both students or just one. They are going to bring the situation to the council once we get back to the school" he explained. Right before the second term starts as well and we are taking Class C's spot once we get back as well. So many changes so little time.

"I haven't heard anything about it" I responded ordering my drink. She didn't order anything but she did pay for my drink. 

"Um do you want me to pay you back or something" I asked looking at the green tea in front of me. 

"Not at all. I had recently gotten a few points from a deal with someone and want to get rid of them before we returned to school" She answered looking at the snacks and charms they had displayed. 

"Do any of these strike your fancy" She asked as I took a sip of her drink. I choked on my drink at her question and looked at her confused. I looked at the jewelry before me and saw a blue and pink swirled charm bracelet with a little dolphin in the middle. 

"Excuse me Miss can I have this bracelet" She said pointed at it. The cashier picked it up and placed it in a little paper bag before handing it to her. Sakayanagi paid for it before she took me outside. 

"Let us go back to the busses. I'm sure we are boarding now" She smiled and took my wrist and led me back to the bus area where students were getting on their respective buses. I saw Ichinose placing her bag under the bus and she looked terrible. Bags under her eyes and her eyes were red most likely from crying. 

I seen Kiyotaka giving his suitcase to our driver. He made eye contact with Ichinose and she gave him a small smile and a wave. He waved back before continuing to giving more of his bags to the driver. 

"Well I must get going now Karuizawa... here for you" She said handing me the bag before patting my shoulder and going to her class bus. I felt hands on my shoulders and felt kisses on the back of my neck. I sighed and leaned back against Kiyotaka's chest. 

"Are you ready to board the bus" he asked as I turned to face him. I nodded before resting my head on his shoulder. 

"Karuizawa.... The staff members at the resort asked me to give this to you" Chabashira said handing me an envelope before walking away towards the bus. I opened it and it was pictures of Kiyotaka and I when we went paddle boarding and dolphin swimming. I smiled and placed them back into the envelope when all students were called back to the busses to start boarding. Kiyotaka and I sat in the back with the large seat for us to put our feet up a little. I sat in the window seat while pulling my blanket from my bag.