Chapter 30

After Jimmy Kimmel Live!, we got so many requests to do other TV Shows, we decided to take some of them while still prioritizing our relationship and our family overall. It seems to be working out well. We are looking at the progress on our in-home studio. Something tells me that we are in for the ride of our lives. JKL was 2 months ago, so we definitely are showing now. We are still keeping it a surprise. We had our appointment the other day, and everything was perfect. I have the perfect experience for Kirstie for Valentine's Day, which is in 3 days. She has been so great the last few months. I planned a trip for us without the kids to our place in Hawaii for a week. She knows she's going on vacation but doesn't know where. I actually went ahead and packed for her. Ben booked us a private jet there and back. I know we are going to be having a lot of "fun". While I'm downstairs with Kirstie in the half done studio, we are talking about different things we want to see in our studio. The bedrooms we are going to make vocal recording booths. We have already soundproofed it and knocked down any walls we didn't want. It's almost done, and I have a few photos of what I would want to see. We go upstairs to the kids' bedrooms, but we walk by the baby's nursery. We're not planning on doing a baby shower. Kirstie goes into Blair's bedroom, while I'm going into Chase's bedroom. "Daddy?" "Yeah, buddy?"

"Are you and Mommy coming back soon?"

"We're leaving for a week." Kirstie walks in. "We're going to FaceTime you and your sister every day. You don't have to worry." She comes over and comforts Chase, who is really attached to us for sure. We give him a parent hug sandwich. Blair comes running in and joins our hug, making it a family hug. When we let go, Chase and Blair both put their hands on Kirstie's bump.

Kirstie POV

Lately, I've noticed that Avi and I haven't really been able to spend a lot of time together. Even though we do all of these appearances together, we get pulled in different directions. We're going on vacation somewhere, and Avi was so sweet and packed for me. I have been so focused on songwriting and trying to gather a band that Avi and I have been together but not together, if you catch my drift. We've just been so busy with my career that we have had no time to actually be a couple and just talk. We're walking back to our bedroom from putting the kids to bed. Avi starts kissing my neck, and puts his arms around me and leads me to the bed. I turn around and kiss him passionately. Between kisses, I say, "Baby...As...much...as I....want to...do this..." I pull away, and look at my handsome man. "We seriously need to talk about our plan. We haven't even been able to come up with baby names or anything and we're already like 5 months in." He looks at me and says, "I think we should look at our options after we're done with this 😛." He kisses me and lays me on the bed. Immediately, I pull away. "Avriel, I'm serious. I love you but we need to figure this out. We need to at least come up with a list. We can have so much fun on vacation. We also have to so much to do from now until baby #3 gets here! Not to mention, finishing the studio...." I keep talking about the problems in the house we have to fix. "KIRSTIE!!! This is what got you in early labor last time. You were stressed out about everything. Chill out! It's all taken care of!" I know he's right. I just need to chill out. We leave for our vacation tomorrow.

The Next Day on the flight...

Avi didn't tell me we were flying on a PRIVATE JET. So we have our own bedroom on the flight. We're looking at samples of what our in-home studio could wind up being. In the middle of me typing up something, here comes Avi's lips on my neck and not in a one and done way. This was like we are leaving members of the "club" today. "Avi, not now." He just keeps going up my neck as his hands are running up and down my body. You can probably guess what happened so I'm not going to bore you with the details.

We land, and there is a car waiting for us. We get to the house and put our stuff away. Our friends got groceries for us. We get changed into our bathing suits and get into the hot tub. 

I sit on Avi's lap

I sit on Avi's lap. "What is something you're looking forward to about #3?"

"I just want to know how it will shift the dynamic."

"Do you think it will change everything?"

"We'll have to come up with a system. We're pretty good at that though. Does this feel different compared to the last one?"

"Well, there's a few things with this one that are freaking me out a bit. How much this baby moves around...." I'm still talking while one hand is on my stomach, and one is around Avi's neck. Just like that baby moves around, almost as if on command. "I definitely feel better as far as the stress level. There aren't that many unknowns this time."

Avi pulls away from my neck as I say that and looks at me. "Like your dad coming back in your life. Has he even texted you at all?"

I get off his lap. "He congratulated us. He wanted us to come and visit him with the kids."

"I don't think it's a good idea right now."

"I agree. We'll talk about it later."

"Okay, sounds good." We stay in for a bit and have some fun. I'm sitting on our chaise lounge, while Avi is inside on the phone taking care of last minute things for our stay here this time. He told me that he booked us a couples massage on Valentine's Day. He won't tell me what else he has planned. I decided to take some time to really start on the songwriting process. The song I start writing is called "Water". It's about being in love with someone but being afraid to show your real self and tell the person how you feel. I was reminded of when Avi and I got together originally. I was so scared. I would be in another room and have these feelings even when I was with Jeremy. Jeremy would be kissing me and I would be thinking about Avi which sounds really creepy, but that really happened. I'm singing this to myself, and Avi comes walking by.

"Did you write that?"

"Yeah, but it's probably really bad. I only have a verse and a chorus."

Avi looks at me and kisses me. "That is brilliant. Let's finish it."