Chapter 10

Avi POV

Kirstie tore the wrapping paper and opened the box to find a key. She looked at me, and then back at Scott, Mitch and Kevin, "Thanks guys, but what is the key for?" The three of them looked at each other and then at Kirstie, who is going through a bad contraction. "Kirstie, are you ok?" I am rubbing her back because I just know something is wrong. She looks at me, "Please tell me this isn't happening again." This is probably the second contraction she has had in the last fifteen minutes.

Everyone starts to comfort her. "Avi, can we talk to you a minute?" Kevin says.

I nod, "Yeah, Kirstie will you be ok?"

"Yeah, just come back." Kirstie says. She sounds like she's in a bit of pain.

"You got this." I kiss her and her growing womb, and walk into the other room with the guys. "What's up?"

Scott's face looks concerned. "Hey what was Kirstie talking about earlier?"

"Well, she may or may not have had a little run-in with her dad, and may or may not have had to be hospitalized because she had constant contractions." I say rather innocently.

"Avi, why didn't you tell us"? Kevin says. "You know we are concerned about her!"

"Well, to be perfectly honest, it all kind of happened so fast that I had no time to call. I'm sorry, guys. With that being said, just keep an eye out for Kirstie. When this happened last time, she just really stressed out with everything. I don't know why this is happening now."

The four of us go back to Kirstie, and I'm sitting right by her side. "How are you feeling?"

Kirstie was feeling a bit. "I'm fine I think I just need to lay down for a bit."

Scott looks at me, "Kirstie, lay here." She lays on the couch. I go to get her some water, and Kirstie grabs my hand. "Don't go." I look at her and sit on the couch next to her until she falls asleep.

*After an hour and a half*

Kevin comes over to me, "Hey bud. How are you holding up?" I turn to him. "Honestly, I think I'm ok. I mean this pregnancy has been a hard one on Kirstie. I don't know if she wants to do this again. I know she wants more kids, but I don't think I can watch if this is what she goes through."

Kev gives me a hug, "Avi, Kirstie is strong, resilient, and amazing, and most importantly, she is capable of not only having more kids, but is going to be the best mother because she will have an amazing partner to help raise those same kids. To be honest, I see you and Kirstie with at least three kids, if not four."

I give Kevin the "WTH" face. "Thanks Kevin." I walk back to check on Kirstie, who is still on the couch sleeping. Scott is watching while I put my hand on her womb. Right when my hand touches her stomach, I feel a kick from the right side. Kirstie is laying on her left side. I kiss her stomach and walk to get a glass of water. I start to think about the fact that the apartment is probably going to be a bit small for two adults and two babies, especially if we decide to have more kids in the future. Mitch comes walking over, "Hey, whatcha thinking about Avi?"

I just look at Mitch, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but did Kirstie ever show that box that's in her room?"

Mitch nods,"Yeah, why?"

"Did she show you the first engagement ring I got her?"

MItch nods again, "Yeah, she did. That ring was gorgeous."

"I proposed after we locked our love away on the Lover's Bridge by the Eiffel Tower. She and I went to Disneyland Paris. We were staying on the grounds for a week, so she brought some pregnancy tests just in case we needed them. We stayed for about a month in Paris, and we had been trying for about a year to get pregnant. By the fifth day in Disneyland, I could just tell something had changed about her, but I couldn't put my finger on it. She had told me a few days prior that she thought she was 2 weeks late. It turns out she was, and she took about 4 tests and they all came out positive. The tests even said that she was about 4-5 weeks along, too. She was pregnant, and we were so excited. She didn't have any morning sickness."

Mitch said, "Well, she was lucky with that one."

"Yeah, you could say that. We flew back home and she called her mom to let her know. She was so happy and excited."

Mitch, then, asked this, "Why are you telling me this?"

"Easy. I thought this pregnancy for her was going to be easy. She looks amazing pregnant. I just wish I didn't have to see her suffer through the contractions."

Mitch rubs my back, "Well, that's what being a human being into this world is, let alone two! You go through the pain, but it'll be so worth it because you'll have two human beings who will be the apple of your eye, and Kirstie's."

Kirstie walks over and sees me tearing up. She walks over and give me an open mouth kiss, hugs me. I ask her, "Are you ok?"

She replies, "Yeah I'm fine now. What are you guys talking about?"

"Just reminiscing about the Paris trip we took. I was telling Mitch about when you found out you were pregnant the first time."

Kirstie looks at me and then at Mitchie, "Yeah, it was probably the second most thrilling thing to happen on that trip! That was that was the trip where we got engaged the first time. I never understood why we wanted to try to have kids at that point in our relationship. We tried for a year"

I smile at her, "Yeah, well, I knew that I was going to be with you for the rest of my life, my Texan charmer." I kiss Kirstie, while putting my hand on her bump. Mitch is smiling.

"Hey guys!" Scott walks up, puts his arm around Mitchie, kisses him.

Kirstie looks at the guys, and notices that Mitch is wearing a ring! "Mitch! Is that what I think it is? " She says with a gasp. Mitch's smile widens and he nods.

"Scott proposed last night!" Kirstie lets out a squeal and pulls Mitch into a hug.

"That's so exciting!!! You 2 are perfect for each other." Scott nods.

"I only wish had asked him out sooner." Mitch kisses Scott's cheek.

"I'm just grateful you felt them same way I did and Kit I have a very important question for you. Will you be my maid of honor?"" Kirstie gasps again.

"Of course I will!!!!!! Do you have any idea when you want the wedding?"

"We don't have a set date or anything but we were thinking sometime next spring. So around March and April."

"That means the twins will get to be there!!!" They continue to talk about wedding stuff so I turn to talk to Scott and Kevin.

"Congratulations man." I say while patting Scott on the shoulder.

"Thanks Avi." We talking about random things until Kirstie laughs.

"I almost forgot, what's up with the key?" She asks. The guys look at each other and smile. Then Kevin speaks up.

"Well...