Chapter 18

Mitch POV

I'm so happy for Avi and Kirstie. Scott and I went back to the house for a minute. To be honest, it was kinda two-fold. I wanted some alone time with my Scottie, but i also wanted to look at how the nursery is coming together. I hired a contractor to come in and try to do the nursery while Kavi is in the hospital. I go upstairs and I look in Blair's nursery. I knew Kirstie didn't want pink, so I went with a light green with a white wood accent wall.

 I knew Kirstie didn't want pink, so I went with a light green with a white wood accent wall

When I go into Chase's nursery across the hall, they did same type of white wood accent wall except with teal walls

I go and sit on the rocking chair that's in there

I go and sit on the rocking chair that's in there. Right when I sit down, Scott comes in and sit on the footrest in front of me."Hey babe! What's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking about how the next time I come in here, there will be humans occupying the cribs. That wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for us doing our jobs." I tell Scott.

"Well, Mitchie, those humans wouldn't be in this world if it wasn't for our jobs." Scott puts his hand on my thigh. "And honestly we wouldn't be together if it wasn't for our jobs, we wouldn't be where we are." He kisses me softly and we continue kissing for a good minute. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure what's up?"

"What do you think of marriage? Do you think that's where we're heading?"

I stand there looking at him in his eyes. "Honestly, I can't imagine my life without you!"

***Smut***

I smile and he kisses me passionately. I wrap my legs around his waist and we go in the guest room and lay on the bed. He takes off my clothes and vice versa. I look at him and kiss him as passionately as before. Before you know it, I'm kissing him up and down his body. I'm not going to get into details because we know what they did.

***CONTINUE***

*At the hospital several hours later*

Scott had to take care of something, so I came back alone. I go into Kirstie's room and see Avi holding what looks like Chase. Kirstie fell asleep. "So did you take care of what needed to be handled?"

"To put it decently." Avi looks at me while I have a smile on my face.

"Did you have sex in our room?"

"No but we did have sex in your guest room. Sorry. What "

"It's ok. Have you guys had the marriage talk yet?"

"We had that conversation today actually. Very helpful. I can't imagine my life without him."

As I'm talking to Avi, Kirstie wakes up. I look at her, "Hey there, Momma!" She waves back. Avi puts Chase in his crib thing, goes over to Kirstie and kisses her. "Hey love."

"I love you so much." Kirstie says while putting her hands on Avi's face.

"I love you too." He kisses her with as much passion as he can.

"Well, as much I love this, I wanted to talk to you guys about something. I have been thinking about proposing to Scott."

"Really?! You guys are perfect together. Do you need help with anything?"

"No I think I got this. If I need you though, I'll let you know."

MeanWhile...

Scott POV

I'm at a jewelry store looking at engagement rings for Mitch. Kevin comes walking in. I see one that is perfect.

"Scott what are you doing?!" Kevin comes walking up to me.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Kevin pulls me to the side. "Are you out of your mind?! Do you not remember the rule?!"

"That angels can't marry other angels? Yes, I do but I don't care." I stare at Kevin. "We have been in love for far too long.  I stare at Kevin. "We have been in love for far too long. This is something that I can't live without doing." Kevin let's put a sigh. "I know, but these rules are set for a reason. We already pushed our luck with staying like we are."

"Yes Kevin once again I know. But when have Mitch and I ever followed rules? They also said there can't be gay angels yet here we are, not only are we angels but we are some of the best." I give Kevin a stern look and he does a small nod. "If this is something you are positive about, then all I can do is support you." I smile. "Thanks Kev. Now what do you think of this ring." I point to a ring with a simple silver band, the middle has a cut out and one diamond. "That is definitely Mitchy's." I smile again.

"Excuse me ma'am." I say to the jeweler. "Yes sir?"

"Can I see this ring here?" I say pointing the the ring. She nods. "Of course." She pulls it out of the case and hands it to me. I look at it for a total of .5 seconds before decided it is perfect.

5 seconds before decided it is perfect

"I'd like to buy this."

"Alright! I can get you all set up down here."

The only thought going through my mind at this point is I'm finally doing this.