CHAPTER ONE

"Becky! Wake up bitch" a voice woke me up. The second I opened my eyes a slap landed on my face. Fuck, that hurts.

"Chelsie is about to go to school, where is her breakfast?" She shouted in my face. She then hit me using the belt she's holding.

"I'm sorry, I'll prepare it now" I replied bowing my head, cursing and wishing for her to die at the spot.

My life has been this miserable ever since my father married his second wife. Aunt Kenny, she's a devil in disguise. When my father's home, she'll act all angel in front of me. And when he's off to work, she'll threaten to kill me if I spill the beans on him.

"here" I said as I slowly place her foods on the table. She cheerfully thanked me and offered me to eat but, I declined. Right, she doesn't know anything about her surrounding yet. She doesn't know the violence her mother have been executing ever since.

After eating, Aunt Kenny went with Chelsie to school. Leaving me alone in the mansion.

I decided to visit the sea shore, it's just a minute or two walk. The house was quite far from the school chelsie just joined, almost an hour drive. I siezed the moment and went to the beach to take a breath.

"BecBec!" A familiar voice called out. It was Kurt-my bestfriend.

"Urty?" I replied with a chuckle. His brows knitted and stopped. "Eww, don't call me that! That's too junky!" He replied

Kurt is an orphan, he never met his parents nor got adopted. He lives in the woods, just behind our mansion. We used to go hunting together near his small tree house. But, when Aunt Kenny arrived, she never allowed me to go out. She insisted that I should learn to do chores because I'm old enough.

"What brings you here? I thought you've been forbidden to see me?" He asked wiggling his brows.

"They left, so I decided to take a breather. I didn't even thought of seeing you, jerk!" I said chuckling.

We both laugh and played, despite the age we're at. We still laugh, play and talk like a kid when it comes to each other

Minutes after laughing non-stop, we sat infront of the sunset. Yes, I lost track of time. And I was so ready to be kicked in the ass by Kenny The Devil. 

As the sun set, Kurt's face turned dead serious. I wanted to ask but it felt awkward, so I closed my mouth and admired the view.

"Becky" he said, his eyes still looking at the setting sun. "Hm?" I hummed in response. "Are you tired?" He asked, this time he faced me. "Quite, why?" I asked back. Confusion flew around my head. Why'd he ask?

"No, I mean in life. In your situation. Aren't you tired?" He said, his voice getting serious and serious overtime. "Why?" I asked, confusion and annoyance coated my words.

"Well, I thought maybe you want to come with me" he answered calmly. Come to where? What is he saying?

"Pardon?" I replied, the confusion flew higher. where exactly is this conversation going? Does he now want to shun the wild? Or to elope with me? Fvck no!

"I got invited somewhere" he explained, his tone has gone sadder than earlier.

"where?" I asked back.

He turned away, looking back at the sun who just setted. Silence took over, no one dared to speak after my question. Minutes later, he spoke up

"To a university" he inquired.

University? Isn't he suppose to be happy or shock? A university invited him, if I was him I'd accept it. My step-mother told me to stop since she thought it'll be a waste of time and money.

"Then, why? Aren't you supposed to be happy about it?" I asked with confusion coating my words.

"It's an assassination university, Becky" he replied, he sounded worried and concern.

Assassination? like killing? What kind of university is that? Squid Game?

"Sorry, I can't quite understand, Urty." I explained. He handed me a vintage-looking paper that's rolled like it was from a 1299th century. "Here, I'll be going now, Becky. You have until midnight to think about it. If you plan on coming, meet me here tonight, 12 am sharp." With that, he left.