CHAPTER NINE

We didn't mention the happening the following days. It was awkward to think that something like that happened betweet two strangers.

"The 2nd week is about done. Did you went to training?" Cidny asked sounding concern. It's true, the 2nd week's trial is about done. And yet, I still lack combat skill.

"I went to some of them. I wasn't able to attend everyday because I'm also into something" I explained.

Cidny just gave me a sigh and patted my shoulder. "I got a seminar I need to attend. I'll see you later" Cidny excused.

"BecBec!" A voice I never wanted to hear called out."What do you need, Urty?" I fired rolling my eyes.

Kurt's expression suddenly changed. "About the assassination period, are you ready?" He asked sounding concern. Well, I, myself is concern about what would happen if it's us againts each other.

"Then, act like we can't see each other" I replied.
"That won't work Becca, my section is not going to let you through." He explained.

Fvck you Kurt! You led me here, and now you're acting like I have no other choice but to go with whatever is flowing!

"Then, I don't have any other choices left" I said obviously annoyed. Kurt's head tilted due to confussion, but I paid no mind. If this is the only way to do it, then I must!

"Just forget that we know each other, you and I we're never friends, period." I added squinting my eyes to show that I don't mind loosing a friend that causes harm.

Kurt's eyes went expressionless, it was hard to say that to someone who was there for you when you got nobody else, but I can't see any other way to settle the situation. "Okay, if that's what you want" he claimed as he turn around.

I felt a heavy weight in my heart. I'm not like this, what happened to the sweet, soft Becky?

"May I ask?" A voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I turn around to see the gentleman who asked me. And god, he is angelic. He's tall and he's wearing a very formal looking atier. With a black trouser paired with a polo shirt, added with his glasses.

"Sure, what do you need?" I answered.
"I'm looking for a person who has a name of Lila. Do you know any?" He asked.

I've never heard of the man before, he seems new and different. "Sorry, but I don't know any Lila" I responded. And just as I was about to leave, someone called me by my name. "Becca" it said.

I turned around to see who it was, and it was no other than Freen. It's our first conversation after that thingy that happened. "Hm?" I hummed in response.

"Well, I nee-"

"Lila!" A voice interrupted Freen.

Freen tilted her head and looked at the guy. "God, you're prettier than your picture, my lady." The man said. "And, who are you?" Freen replied with no emotions. It's clear that this situation is a one sided.

"Lincon, or you can call me Ace. Whichever you prefer, my lady." The guy bragged. "Well, Mr. Lincon, I have other things to do. So, if you're going to tell me something make it fast." Freen scoffed

"Well, a date maybe?" The guy annoyingly asked

"Sorry, I'm not into those kind of things" Freen claimed. She's clearly not interested. So, she pulled my hand and went the opposite direction where Lincon was standing

Lincon on the other hand chase us. OF COURSE!

"When ar-" but before he can say other word I respectfully interrupted. Freen seems bothered and a feeling of range and annoyance built upon me. What is this feeling?

"Are you blind, or just stupid?" I sarcastically asked. This guy is getting on my nerves. "Let him be, let's go"  Freen suggested, so I just went by it.

The ball rang, meaning an announcement is about to me announced.

Today, exact 11:59 pm, the assassination period is officially open. By 11:50 the assassins and the prey will receive their papers. If it says X then you're an assassin. If it says O then you better start hiding.

Goodluck, may the best assassin and prey win!

Then a crack tone ended the announcement.

u/v: hi ya'll, sorry for the late upload. I have classes to attend and I can't write while I'm at school. Don't worry, I'll update. Lovelotss🤧