Chapter 10: Oh

Lizzie begrudgingly followed her sister to the benches, something caught in her eye. "Jo," Slender fingers grabbed the disgustingly dry protein bars, she wanted to talk to the brunette about something earlier, yet Josie seemed to be pulled away to take care of something. "Here."

"I'm not hungry." Josie said without making eye contact. Busying herself with the water cooler for the team. Sign number 1.

"You sure?"

"Call the team." Deflection. Sign number 2.

Lizzie bites the inside of her cheeks. "Josie, you didn't eat breakfast."

The older Saltzman stopped, a sigh escapes her lips. "Lizzie," She faced her sister, eyebrows knitted. "I am fine."

"That's sign number 3 and 4."

Lizzie flicked Josie's knitted eyebrows; hitting the frame of her glasses, before the brunette could say anything. "Ow! What was that for?" Josie took her glasses out of her face while rubbing to soothe the stinging.

"Oh, why don't you tell me?" Lizzie placed her hand at her hips; eerily mirroring their mother. Josie stared at her sister with a confused painted face.

The blonde twin groaned as her brown eyed sister put her glasses back on. "My God. Did you hit your head or something? You've been acting strange the whole morning!"

Josie stared into oblivion as the memory of her illicit meet up and black magic ritual participation with Hope Mikaelson the night before filled her head.

The way Latin rolled off Hope's tongue with fluency.

The way Hope's hands fit with hers like two puzzle pieces.

The way they felt when josie touched them; unexpectedly soft.

The way concern complemented Hope's voice when wind knocked Josie to the ground.

The way she immediately came to Josie's aid.

The way she smelled like a French patisserie when space between the two became non-existent.

Even the way her magic felt when Josie siphoned off her; warm and comforting.

"Josie!" Lizzie clapped in front of her sister's face which snapped Josie out of her daydream. The blue eyed Saltzman gave her twin an expectant look.

"I didn't hit my head." Technically, it was her shoulder so where's the lie?

"I am your twin. I know when you lie, because we share the same signs." The duo looked around, making sure no one could hear them. "And don't forget about twin connections!"

"Lizzie, get to the poin-"

"You did something related to dark magic!" Lizzie screamed barely above a whisper. "And don't even lie to me Josette." She pointed a finger at her twin before a word could excape Josie's lips. "If you didn't do anything, I wouldn't be hucking out black goo earlier this morning!"

"Ew. Lizzie are you alright?" A voice behind them asked.

Lizzie rolled her eyes as she turned around. "Why don't you go over there, MG?" She pointed to a certain she-devil in a crop top, and forced a smile onto her face. "You can tongue-chum the Blair Bitch for all I care-"

"Lizzie!"

"Oh, I'm deeply sorry. Did we not catch him last week, about to stick his tongue dow-"

"He was hungry and I forgive him."

MG looked at Josie with shock. Not expecting to be forgiven for the 'sin' he committed. "You do?" He stammered, to which Josie gave her signature meek smile. "M, can you please leave us be?" Josie diverted her attention to her sister, who angrily crossed her arms. "The twins need to chat." Silence laid bare on the two as MG left.