Chapter 12: How About A Knife?

"What the fuck? I dropped that." Confusion washed over both Hope and Landon's faces.

The woman growled and snarled, smoke seeping out of her mouth. Before Hope could mutter a single spell, Dr. Saltzman charged at the dragon lady, yelling at the top of his lungs. Does this man have a death wish?

He swung his fist, the three teens watched in confusion and shock. "Run!"

The old man didn't have to scream twice for the boys to follow what he said. Hope stayed in place, still baffled by Dr. Saltzman's actions. "Hope!"

"Alright!"

The girl ran mindlessly with the old man behind her.

"In here!" Raf motioned to a cellar. Hope and Dr. Saltzman ran to the boy's direction, Raf closed the cellar door just as fire spilled out.

Once Hope entered the cellar, her eyes landed on a shaken up Landon. "You." She cornered the boy, anger swam in her eyes as fear swam in his. "Why-"

"I don't know! I told you already I don't know!"

Hope had to be physically removed by both Dr. Saltzman and Raf away from Landon. The three teens raised their voices at each other, well mainly Hope and Raf, before Dr. Saltzman squashed them.

"Dorian! Can you hear me?! I'm putting you on speaker phone!"

"Hello? Hello?! Ric, your signal is not good! Where are you?!"

"In a root cellar because Landon Kirby refuses to admit he's a thief." Hope glared at the curly haired boy who hid behind his brother.

"Hope, there's a fire breather outside. Can you prioritize your rage?" Raf blocked Hope from seeing his brother.

"Kids! Enough, please." Dr. Saltzman said, "Dorian, what else have you found?"

"Well, I'm not 100 percent sure if it's a dragon-"

"What else would it be?!" Asked Hope.

"Dragon?" Both brothers asked at the same time. Dr. Saltzman nodded, "We might be dealing with a dragon. Dorian, what's the other one?"

"A chimera."

"Dragon's don't exist. In movies, sure, but not in real life." Said Raf.

Hope scoffed, "So did Werewolves before you transformed."

"Ok, but dragons don't look like normal people." Landon said. "There was a time where we said that about vampires." Dorian answered back. "I need you guys to confirm if what you're dealing with is a dragon or a chimera."

"How?" Dr. Saltzman asked.

"You need to find its loot."

"And where the fuck would that be?" Asked Hope. "We can't exactly waltz out of here to look for it with whatever that thing literally above us." Hope had a point.

Something shiny caught Landon's eye. He walked towards a barrel, dusting off the dirt, revealing a shiny object. Many shiny objects. "It's a dragon."

The group stared in awe and horror at the sight of the barrel of possibly stolen things. "Dorian?"

"Wait, let me look for something." Footsteps faded and came back. Pages being flipped were all they heard through the phone. "Aha!"

"Get there already!" Hope screamed.

"Hope!"

"To defeat a dragon, one must possess courage and a long blade to pierce it's heart-"

"Like in the movies!" Landon butted in. Muttering an apology once Hope glared at him.

"Wait, wait." Dr. Saltzman said, "So we need courage and a sword?"

"Yeah."

Hope's eyes land on Landon's pocket. Could it still be there? She took a gamble and fished around his pocket. "Hey!"

There it is! She grabbed it out of Landon's pocket. "How about a knife?"