Chapter 11: Rules

When rules are broke, what could go wrong?

"I'm here to help."

Lizzie scoffs. Yeah, right. "And how exactly are you gonna help she-devil?" She raised her eyebrow at the brunette.

"Win. Use your powers."

Lizzie snorts a laugh. "Mom and Dad said we need to lose and Josie is a stickler for rules." She opened her water bottle, harshly chugging its contents.

"Following rules is Josie's MO. Not yours."

Penelope's response shocked Lizzie, violently coughing out water. Did she just hear her correctly?

"Woah!" Penelope patted the blonde's back. Lizzie stared at her with confusion. "What?" The brunette raised an eyebrow. "Am I wrong?"

Lizzie would be lying if she said that Penelope's words didn't continue to ring inside her mind. Fuck. "No. I am not listening to Satan's spawn."

"Who are you speaking to?" Speaking of another satan spawn. Lizzie turns around. "Dana." She forced a sickly sweet smile.

"I noticed you didn't get your refills from my mom's pharmacy." Dana feigned a concerned tone. "Are you experiencing withdrawals? Or maybe, you're going insane?"

This bitch.

Dana's eyes land somewhere behind the blonde. "Ew. Why do you even let your sister play here?"

Josie failing to catch her breath, hand on her chest was the scene Lizzie saw when she turned around. Shit.

"She's pathetic. And you're psychotic." Lizzie wanted to bitch-slap the smug smirk from Dana's face. "Oh my God. Twin Goals." Dana laughed while walking towards her team.

It took everything in Lizzie not to yank the ever living shit out of that bitch. Wheezing and groaning pulled the young Saltzman out of her thought bubble. "Josie."

She ran to her twin just in time before the brunette lost balance. Lizzie helped her sister sit down on the benches, grabbing her sister's inhaler and rubbing her back. "Jo, you sit this one out."

"Okay" Josie slowly breathed in the inhaler medicine.

She handed her older sister a water bottle. An idea forms in her mind. Josie won't allow her though. "I'll round up the team. Stay here ok?"

Josie gives her a slow nod, trying to get her breathing in control. Lizzie gathers the team a little far, she can't risk Josie going against her plan. "Guys. We're winning this shit."

"What?" Kaleb asked excitedly.

"Don't look happy Kaleb. My sister's watching us."

"Wait. You're serious?" A third voice asked.

"Yes, MG." Lizzie faces the boy. "They have been rubbing dirt in our faces since the beginning of time itself." The blonde Saltzman grinned. "It's our turn to have fun."

"But won't your sis-"

"Josie's heart is far too soft for this cruel world. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. " Lizzie turned to check on her sister, and found the brunette drinking another bottle of water. She turned back to the rest of the team. "Besides, we're supernaturals. Us existing broke so many rules."

Josie was none the wiser on the little coup her sister just staged. So proud that Lizzie was interacting with the team. "Let's go, team!"

"Let me siphon from you." Lizzie approached MG, much to the boy's shock.