Chapter 18: You Poked Yourself

The twins stared at Hope in both disbelief and curiosity. The girl who could do no wrong in their father's eyes is in trouble, and for what?

Hope stared at Dr. Saltzman with a stoic expression, ignoring two pairs of prying eyes. Dr. Saltzman sighed, sensing he needs to have a talk with Hope. "Shuttle leaves in 10 minutes. Go change you two." He pointed at Lizzie and Josie, much to their protest. Well, Lizzie's.

"But Da-"

"Elizabeth. Now."

Lizzie wanted to protest further had her sister not stood up and left. The blonde left while groaning all the way to her room.

"I want to help." Hope spoke as she crossed her arms.

"Hope, this isn't your battle."

"Yeah, and you don't have a band aid on your finger." Hope smiled sarcastically. "I'm surprised your daughters didn't notice since you are not even hiding it great."

Dr. Saltzman sighed again, "The grown ups have it covered."

Hope stood up, "That's not fair! You only play by the grown-up rules when you don't need something from me."

"Shuttle leaves in 10 minutes." Dr. Saltzman said. "Go change."

Now, Hope sits in a tiny shuttle filled with hormonal supernatural teens. Thankfully no one has bothered her. Hope had to stop herself from groaning when her eyes laid on the trash littered across town square.

"So." Hope resisted the urge to groan. She didn't want to deal with Lizzie's bullshit right now. "What did you do? Daddy never gets angry with you?" Lizzie said as they left the shuttle. "You're practically the third daughter. His fav for sure."

"Lizzie." Josie said through her teeth.

"What?" Lizzie blocks Hope from leaving. "You must've done something really bad for Daddy dearest to get angry at you, little one." Lizzie looked at Hope and Josie. The other two knew what she was implying.

"Students gather round!" A teacher screamed. "You have options! Litter, weed, and graffiti." The teacher said as he handed a trash poking stick to Kaleb.

The boy eyed the stick thinking nothing of it. When the teacher didn't move, Kaleb stared at him in offense and disbelief.

"You will be collected by the end of the day." The teacher boarded the shuttle and left.

"We already take so much shit from the humans." Kaleb approached the twins. "I will not be taking more."

Lizzie looked at him, offended. "I am not picking up human trash."

"I love trash." Hope stole the stick, shooting a glare at Lizzie. "As of the moment."

"Fitting." Lizzie smirked.

"Can we not?" Josie spoke, "Can we just work together harmoniously and drama free at least today?"