Electrocuted- Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV

I opened my eyes to sun streaming through my window down to my pillow. My eyes flutter open and I'm temporarily blinded by the rays of light. This is a new feeling, waking up to sunshine in London.

I slowly raise my still half asleep body and stretch. I look at the clock, 11. I slide out of bed and stumble to my door where I reach for the handle only to find myself staring at the back of my closet. Huh. Still asleep I plead. I walk to my actual door, swing it wide open, and walk to the kitchen.

Something's cooking and I recognize the scent immediately. Bacon! One of my favourites.

"Good morning!" My flat mate and best friend Ashley chirps. "How'd you sleep?"

I walk over and sit on the counter besides her. "I'm still asleep. And yourself?" I ask.

"Very well!" She replies quickly to my surprise. Ashley always goes to bed late and never gets more than 4 hours of sleep, usually less.

"And what's the cause of this?"

"Well, I went running last night, came home, took a shower, and slept cause I was so tired!" She tells me.

"You ran?" I ask with a fake horrified expression on my face. "Why?"

She lightly pushes me on the shoulder. "I was just feeling active yesterday." Is that a crime?"

Ashley is not fat but just a bit lazy. She doesn't like to do physical activity, or any activity besides cooking, eating, watching tv and sleeping. Cooking is her hobby and she loves it. The advantage for me was that I get homemade gourmet meals without paying! And dine with my bestie.

"Is this because of that date your going on tonight?" I question.

"Maybe. Maybe not." She teases and I know it's true.

"You haven't told me about him!"

"Well," she begins. "He plays football, he's fit, and he is PERFECT!!! that's pretty much all you need to know."

"Your giving me the details later." I ordered.

"Yeah I know." She replied. Whenever one of us went in a date we gave the other the complete details of that date. Even to what clothes the boy was wearing. Hey, he has to have at least a little style in him.

"What shall we do today? Hmm...." She asks me., changing the subject.

"We will take a stroll through London! It's too nice a day to pass it up. I havn't woken up to the sun in so long!"

"Ugh." She whines. "I just ran yesterday, why do I have to walk now?"

"Because it's a beautiful day. And who knows when we will get one like this again?" I shoot at her.

Breakfast is finished and we dig in. It's bacon, eggs, English muffins, and a mixture of fruit. And if course our morning tea. It didn't take much skill making this one, but frying the bacon to perfection is a skill I have yet to master. Crispy, yet chewy!

We both get dressed. I put on short jean shorts, a Jack Wills flowery tank top, and some black sandals. I apply foundation and put just a little mascara on. Going for natural today.

I look at myself in the mirror. I have straight light brown hair that comes halfway down my back, and green eyes that go nicely with the tank top. Pleased with how I look, I wait outside my room for Ashley.

Ashley comes out of her room a minute later and I admire her outfit. She has a white mini skirt with a v-cut mint green/grey striped shirt. It goes great with her dark hair and dark eyes. She has grey Toms on which go very well with her outfit.