Chapter 39

Elizabeth's POV

I walked home in a daze. I stumbled on almost every bump in the sidewalk, my mind was somewhere else.

-----flash back-----

"I don't know how to feel honestly." Harry admitted to me. Confusion clearly on his face.

My head was buried in his chest. "Harry if you're breaking up with me... Just say it. Please." I begged him. Not being able to take it any longer.

He looked at me. "Elizabeth, I don't know. Maybe we need a short break and then I'll see how things... Feel."

A stray tear rolled down my cheek at his words. My hand smeared it across my face, making it invisible.

"Ok. I- uh, guess I'll see you around?" I asked him.

"Um, yeah. And if for some reason you need a place to stay the boys would love that." He told me. He pulled me into him and I gave him a side hug. "Have a safe walk back ok?"

I gave him an acknowledging nod. Harry gave me a small smile and walked away. He was gone. Not physically. But emotionally.

He got in his car and drove away without a second glance. Now he was physically gone.

-----flash back over-----

As I relieved that dreadful hour I ran into an old lady. "Sorry." I mumbled to her. I helped her pick up her dropped bags and she looked at me sympathetically.

"Boy troubles?" She asked me.

I cocked my head at her question. "Yes... How did you know?"

"I've seen that look many times. The eyes are dreary, dull, lifeless. Know it's not the end of the world sweetheart." She told me, taking a hold of my hand.

"But he was my world." I stared off into the distance, memories of Harry springing into my mind.

"The world is your world." She argued. Valid point.

"I just- I just don't know what I'm to do." I said, my head hanging low.

"I'll tell you what." The woman said, lifting my face to hers. "You march with your head held high, grab a cup of tea and show this boy what he's missing. He'll come running back soon enough."

I gave her a thankful smile. "Thank you."

She smiled back at me. "Of course dear."

I pulled a piece of paper out of my purse and wrote my number down. "If you ever need help, with anything, don't hesitate to ask." I handed her my number.

She took it with a smile and put it in her own purse. "Thank you sweetheart. Remember what I said, head up high."

I forced my head up and walked on. After about 5 seconds I turned around, scolding myself on how I was so rude.

"I'm so sorry what's your na-" but I never finished my sentence. The woman was gone. I had barley walked away and she had disappeared. Huh.

I turned on my heels and walked away towards my flat. My spirits had been lifted a bit and I knew I had to win Harry back. Or I would die trying.

_______________

Sorry for the long wait. Hope you like this chapter! Sorry it's a bit short I planned for it to be longer but I'm stumped.

Vote

Comment

LettiSmith007 :)