Chapter 19

Elizabeth's POV

I wake up in the slightly comfortable chair in Harry's hospital room. I had decided to stay and sleep in here until he was out, one to make sure he was doing ok, and two to make sure Grace didn't come back for more.

I glance to Harry, he is still asleep, his heart monitor beeping regularly. I thought of how easily he could have died yesterday. If me and Liam had dismissed it as a high fever and kept him home, he would be dead.

My eyes start to tear up at the thought and of course Harry wakes up right then. He looks at me, registering the tears running down my face.

"What's wrong babe?" He ponders.

I sigh, moving to sit on the edge of his bed. "I was just thinking of how easily you could have died yesterday. We haven't been together for that long, but I don't know what I'd do without you." I sniffle.

"I feel the same way. I'm fine baby. Nothing will happen, I'm safe here." He replied. I stared off into space.

Safe when your own nurse is your Ex and kissed you when your unconscious? I thought. Harry turned towards me. "What?" Guess I mumbled it on accident.

"Harry. I need to tell you something." I had been thinking about whether to tell him, he just had surgery and I didn't want to stress him out. He had the right to know though. He looked at me curiously.

I started. "Yesterday, while you were in surgery me and the boys were worried sick in the waiting room. I asked for your room and a blonde nurse asked if you were in the hospital. Louis later told me that she was your Ex, Grace, and was crazy; the bad thing was your room is in her route. When me and the boys were about to walk in to check on you, we found her kissing you while you were still unconscious from surgery." I got it all out in almost one breath.

Harry looked at me blankly. "She kissed me while I was out?"

I nodded sadly. "I told her to get out and wanted to go ask for another nurse but Liam convinced me not to. I told her I'd drop her if she tried anything again."

Harry chuckled. "I love you, you know that?"

"Yes. I love you too." I kissed him on the cheek but he pulled my head around and pecked me on the lips.

The door slammed open and Grace of all people walks in.

"Hi Harry! Long time no see. How are you?" She asked, not being a twinge professional.

"Urm... I'm in a hospital. Hope that answers your question."

I laughed quietly but when Grace shot me a look I covered it up with a cough. I walked in front of her and sat down in the chair. She glared at me. I was getting on her nerves. Good.

She checked his blood pressure, and temperature. She had her hands all over his face to check his temperature even after the thermometer.

"You still feel a bit hot Harry." She said looking in his eyes. She pulled on his hair. "I can make you feel better."

Harry pushed her away. "Stop it." He chided her. "I don't know where you've been, but we are over. I have a girlfriend and she is sitting 2 meters away."

"It's true. I am." I grinned at her. She glared at me as if I was the most annoying thing she had ever come across.

"Well hopefully no more symptoms appear, but if they do: call me." She said holding the telephone sign to her ear. I rolled my eyes. She bit her lip, chuckled and left the room.

I went back and sat on the edge of Harry's bed. "How many more days am I here?" He asked me hopefully.

"2 including today."