Chapter 20

Elizabeth's POV

I'm paranoid.

I'm watching everything Grace gives Harry to take. I can't stop obsessing over it. I'm scared she'll do something that hurts him. It's in a time like this that I really know how much I love him.

The boys have just left and it's me and Harry. I rest my head on his chest. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Stop worrying about me." He rolls his eyes.

I grab his chin so he's looking me straight in the eyes. "I will not stop worrying about you till you are out of this hell hole." I say honestly.

He gives me a kiss on the cheek. "I

lov-"

"Hi!" Grace says cheerily. I slump my head and move to the chair by his bedside.

She does the routine check up, and hands him a glass. He is about to drink it without a thought but I put my hand on top of it and lower the glass.

"What is this?" I question her, my eyes in a tight squint. Hopefully showing her that I'm paying attention.

"It's water with sleep syrup in it." She told me, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I glare at her and she glared right back at me. Not breaking eye contact.

I slowly and reluctantly move my hand away. Harry looks at me questioningly. But he dismisses it and gulps the drink.

"Why does he need sleep syrup?" I ask her.

She didn't even look at me as she replied "Usually the second half of the day after the surgery is the worst, so I thought he'd want to sleep through it, it'll kick in later tonight." I watched her as she looked at him with lust. She practically looked all over his body while he was lying down.

"Can we step outside?" I asked her.

She didn't even respond and walked out of the room. Harry gave me a look and I nodded to him with a small smile.

She stepped into the hall. There was practically nobody around us, just a couple nurses and doctors who were busy. I walked right to her, infuriated.

"You may still like Harry, and I can see why, but do not openly express it." I seethed. "He's over you. He told me himself so you need to get over it. There are plenty of guys out there, so back away please." I was trying to keep my cool, but it was hard. There was too much drama going on in this hospital. Ha, reminds me of those hospital dramas, that's not good.

"He was mine first. I told him I wasn't going to give up and I am keeping my promise. You don't understand. I was in LOVE which him."she said, expressing the word LOVE. "I was falling hard. I never felt anything like I did with him and it was amazing. Then he broke up with me. Would you have let it go? Or would you have fought?"

I though about that. Of course I would fight. But trying to keep him here longer to win him over... That was one step too far.

"I would fight. But trying to hurt him to keep him here longer to try to win him over is ridiculous."

"Love is ridiculous hon. And everything that comes with it." She snarled, and left me standing in the middle of the corridor, reflecting on her words.

I was shaken up. If I hadn't been in the position I'm in with Harry, I'd feel bad for Grace. But I am his girlfriend, so I don't.

I shook my head and walked back into the room.

"What happened?" Harry asked, a concerned look on his face.

"I jut had a chat with her to back off you. I don't think it worked though." I said looking down. I was ashamed that I didn't convince her.