Chapter 13

Elizabeth's POV

I blinked, blinked, blinked, and blinked again. It was as if the sun had decided to come visit my flat. I could hardly stand it.

I put my had up in front of my eyes as if I were blocking the sun, and started to walk down the steps. "Click click click click click" was my background music as I made my way to my car, which by the way, was surrounded by paparazzi's.

"What's your name?"

"Are you dating Harry Styles?"

"When did you guys start dating?"

"Are you going to meet him now?"

"Who are you?"

These are only half of the questions I heard asked to me. I shoved my way past them as their cameras clicked right in my ears making me flinch. I opened the door slightly and squeezed my tiny frame into the narrow slot of my door.

"Excuse me. Pardon me." I'd say as I closed the door. I thought it wouldn't be as bad for me than for Harry, but maybe I got most of them because I'm a new face.

I put my car in drive and drove to Starbucks.

I could hear car doors shutting in the parking lot behind me and knew they were gonna follow me. They can follow me. I mean, we are going public right?

I took the short route to Starbucks, and made it there in 5 minutes. I parked my car, got out, and ran before the paps could slow me down. I could still hear their footsteps behind me though.

I opened the door and shouted for a worker. "Excuse me, could you not let any of the people with cameras in?" The poor teenager looked confused, but obeyed my strange request.

I looked around trying to find the boy with curly hair. There! I spotted him at a table on the wall that connected with the window. The paparazzi people could get a pretty clear shot, but not too clear. Brilliant thinking Harry.

Harry turned around and saw me. "Hey babe." He smiled.

I walked over and he gave me a greeting kiss on the lips. We were sitting at a table with a booth against the wall and chairs opposite the table. He patted the spot on the booth next to him and I sat down.

He called someone over and we both ordered. I looked outside as the people with cameras were building. Someone working with Starbucks must've called for backup or something because there were many people keeping the paps back. Thankfully.

"Don't worry babe." Harry cooed. "I got you."

He pulled me over to his chest and I leaned my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me and resisted his head on top of my head. I giggled and pulled him closer, still hearing the sound of the cameras. It was so much to take in. It had only been 1 day since we'd been together, but I'm still getting bombarded with attention. I didn't know how Harry and his band mates could handle this everyday, it was driving me mad in all of 10 minutes.

"All you have to do is ignore it. If you try hard, it'll look that way. But if you be yourself, it'll look like you really don't care what anyone thinks and you just want to be with the person next to you." Harry told me, I could feel his jaw move up and down on my head.

I sat up. "How did you know I was thinking that?"

"I could tell by the way you're quiet that it's already hard. And the first day is the worst love, it'll only get better from here. Promise, and remember I'll be there for you." He said, looking me straight in the eye.

I smiled at him and we both leaned in for a little kiss. Our little snacks and coffee arrived and we ate in comfortable conversation.

There was something different about Harry I realized, as I sipped my coffee and spoke back and forth with him. I feel like I don't have to try to impress him, like I can be me. He makes it easy too, he's easy to talk with, actually interested in your life, and whatever your problems are and he makes them his problems too. Including mine.