10

i just finished a chapter over 10k words :,) writing rlly coming together! I'm trying to focus on writing more than editing, so sorry! enjoy this chapter, recommended song is 'heaven' by Niall, but it'll pop up later :) 

We ended up back at the apartment, leaving earlier than we'd left events together in the past. Usually, Claire and I were the last ones standing, still drinking and dancing later than everyone else. Now, it was like we were put to the task of solving a crime. But I wasn't complaining. Two heads are better than one, right? She kept pouring us drinks, eventually just giving up on the shitty wine we were drinking, and suggested we go for a walk to buy some things from a liquor store. The idea was laughable, but the more I drank her crappy wine, the better of an idea it seemed. She practically leaped out of her clothes the second we got up to the floor we were stationed on, she ripped off her heels the moment we entered the building, and now she was able to comfortably sprint to her room. She came to mine promptly thereafter, wearing nothing but a set of cute silky pyjamas. They were the most gorgeous light tea green colour, lace frilling off the edges onto her pale skin, glowing with an iridescent shimmer. She was by far one of the most attractive people I knew. Her hair was strawberry blonde, leaning towards a light red-orange. She had freckles, I felt like every red-haired person came with them like some kind of a package deal. They were littered across her arms faintly, the most saturated on her face, but you'd barely know because this was one of the first times I'd seen her without makeup. She probably slept in it, and somehow her skin thanked her.

She showed up with her slippers in one hand, why they weren't already on her feet was a complete mystery to me. Why she didn't use the hotel's free slippers was another mystery, but I figured it was probably because she just had unlimited suitcase space. Made a deal with the devil - that kind of vibe. Once I realised she'd dressed down, I did the same. I adorned my pyjamas, they were navy blue but lacking lace. A tank top, with silk shorts and a crewneck jumper over the top of it. We basically walked in circles around the apartment, ending with her basically begging me to go walk with her to the nearest liquor store.

"Look! It's only like an 8-minute walk away!" She exclaimed. I laughed, sipping the wine we had, music humming in the background. It was becoming harder and harder to ignore how horrible it tasted, and how much I hated wine. I finally gave in, sighing.

"Fine, fine! Just let me get my shoes on..." I said, mumbling the last words as I walked to the bedroom, throwing on a pair of socks and sliding on my vans. I don't remember the last time I saw someone wear vans, but they were comfy, I couldn't lie. I brought out another jumper, a random one from the top of my suitcase, and handed it to Claire, "Take this so you don't get cold." I ordered. She smiled, and off we were, keycard in hand and alcohol tingling around my body. We walked hand-in-hand, the full 8 minutes as she predicted before we were face-to-face with shelves of alcohol. I felt spoilt for choice at this point, wondering what Claire even likes to drink. I would drink basically anything - except for the wine. We bought a bottle of tequila and a big, fat jug of orange juice to make tequila sunrises. And some shots.

We returned to the apartment building, still holding hands. We probably did look a bit like a lesbian couple. Or some weird street hobos. We were wearing only pyjamas, after all. We came up to the floor our rooms were on, and Claire literally snatched the keycard out of my hand as I grabbed it from my shorts pocket, throwing the door open. I shut it gently, laughing at how drunk she already was and we hadn't even cracked the bottle we'd just bought. I made us a drink each, making hers a bit less strong than mine. She turned on the tv, connecting her phone to it and putting her music on, playing a song. Loudly. She sipped at the drink, putting it down as she danced around the room. She gestured to me to come join her, and I shook my hands.

"You were supposed to come over here to help me with my crisis!" I shouted over the music.

"What crisis?" She questioned with her speech bordering on slurring.